Chapter 9

Magnus's P.O.V:

"MAGNUS!", Alexander yells when he finally sees me and his face lights up like a kid's on Christmas. But he hugs me with so much force that, combined with my dizziness, almost knocked us out. Thankfully, Alexander, even in the drunk stage he's obviously in, still succeeds to keep his balance.

"Damn you're graceful", I joke.

"Shadowhunter", he whispers in my ear, clearly getting my reference but when he pulls back I can see tears in his eyes. I instantly start to worry as my gaze falls in the girl's figure. Isabelle.

"Izzy sweetheart, care to explain why is my boyfriend late by three hours without letting me know and returns looking extremely drunk?", I ask as I try to manage my killing headache and supporting Alexander's strong, heavy and tall figure.

"Well you see, Alec, Jace and I went to Pandemonium to check for demonic activity but found none so we decided to stay. Well Jace did, I agreed and we kinda dragged Alec to the bar, you know how things roll between the tree of us. Well we drank, not a lot actually, but you know know Alec's relation with alcohol,so he got drunk very quickly. After that--", but Izzy got interrupted by her brother who was now fully crying.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I didn't want it...I don't how it happened...".

"What's wrong baby? What did you do?", I ask softly but I didn't expect his answer.

"I cheated on you...", he whispers, tears still making their way down my face. My whole body freezes, the pain that killed me before long forgotten as my body numbs, a knife ripping my heart in pieces.

"No,it's not like that!", Izzy quickly rushes to her brother's rescue.

"You see, we went to dance but Alec didn't want to come so he stayed in the bar. But then this girl that was checking him out approached him and glued herself to him. Luckily, Jace pulled her off him and I brought him here. But for some reason he keeps and keeps saying that he cheated on you... Look Magnus--", Izzy tries to explain further but I stop her with a quick hand gesture. Laughing.

" There's no reason to explain anything more Izzabelle. I know how my naiveboyfriend's brain works. Don't worry, I'll take good care of him", I give her a kind, reassuring smile and she returns me a concerned one.

"Magnus are you sure? You don't look good either...maybe I should stay and take care of both of you?", she offers worried and I feel a softness covering my heart, because it feels nice have other people except Cat, Ragnor, Raphael and Tessa worry for my well being.

"No need to sweetie. Truth is I feel dizzy but I can for sure manage both, my pain and your brother. No need to worry. Go, get some rest. You certainly need it". I can see that she still has her doubts and eventually exhaustion gets the best of her and she sights.

"Uhhhhhh....okay fine I'm gonna go... But take care okay? Both of you", she says and I offer to make a portal for her but she refuses.

"I think some cold air will be beneficial at the moment. I'm in need of some walking... Anyways good night you guys!", she says and leaves. I turn my gaze back to Alexander to see that he's still crying. I walk towards him and lower myself to face him.

"Darling, go lay down in the bed and I'll make a potion for the hangover okay? Do you need help to walk to the bedroom?", I ask softly as I rub his upper arm and he slowly nods his head.

Tears won't stop streaming from his face and I need to make him the potion so he won't feel any pain tomorrow before I comfort him.

Speaking of pain,mine has somehow gotten even worse so I help Alexander reach our bedroom, laying him in the bad as carefully as I can before skipping to the kitchen. The faster I make this dump potion, the faster I can join my angel.