Chapter 13

•Clawdeen's POV•

"Draculaura? Is that you?" Venus' delicate tone filled the room.

"Yes." Draculaura abruptly answered.

"Is Clawd with you?" the phone shook.

"No, I'm sure he's with you now," Draculaura hissed back.

"Draculaura I honestly didn't mean any of this - seriously. I drank way too much and I hadn't drank that stuff, whatever it was, before, so it was new to me and it really conked me out. It was a stupid mistake." she confessed.

"I know."

"Maybe when you see Clawd, you can talk some sense into him!"

"He has enough sense already, clearly,"

"Well, after last night, he can't have much!"

"What happened last night?" Draculaura inquired, glancing at the ghouls worried faces.

"Well, you see..."

---------------FLASHBACK--------------

•Venus' POV•

"Clawd, what are you doing here? Draculaura's in hospital, you should be with her!" I gasp, observing the huge battered baseball bat in his left hand. I instantly knew he hadn't come over for a casual game.

"Draculaura doesn't want me there!" he roared, knocking the bat against the half open door.

Pushing with all my force, I attempted to shut the door to prevent him coming inside. I only just got it closed with him continuously banging.

"Get away Clawd, you're making this worse for yourself!" I fought to keep the door closed, sitting at the bottom and refusing to move.

"This is all your FAULT!" he roared again, smashing the glass from the window in the door so it shattered over me. I cried out, ducking my head to it fell into my hair and onto my leather jacket. Small shards hit my scalp, irritating it slightly, but there wasn't much I could do.

"Let me in! If you don't let me in I'll force my way in!" he used the baseball bat to try and hit me in my protection underneath the door, but I ducked and dived until I ran to the first few stairs, scared out of my wits he was about to come in.

Kicking the door with a mighty hit, it fell at his feet as he stormed into my home. He easily knocked over the side cabinets, damaging all my precious plants and pretty ornaments collected since my childhood, beginning to approach the stairs as I run up, tripping multiple times on my boots to get away.

"No! Clawd, get away from here, this is not the right thing to do!" I pleaded, but he kept destroying the banister.

He started to sob, hitting the banister with all his might, taking his anger out on the gnarled wood.

I bolted into my bedroom, grabbing the key from my desk and slamming the door, twisting the key a variety of ways to try and lock it. It seemed to have worked as I began to tidy my room, placing my most valued possessions out of harms way. I hear his heavy boots march up the stairs and my heart races faster, butterflies in my stomach but not in a good way. I lean against the door to block him, but my weight was too light and soon enough it was snapping and splintering under the command of his bat.

In a desperate brainwave I hauled my wardrobe to lean it against the door, then start to collectively deposit my desk and chair, my chest of drawers and other heavy objects ahead of the door, like they do in the movies. My long hair kept falling in my face as I grabbed the key to unlock my window, observing the heavy objects piled against the door shake in a rhythm. He was certain he had to get in.

I fumbled with the lock until the window opened wide. Distinguishing the trampoline below through my misty eyes, I steadied my heels on the windowsill, knees trembling before jumping out, flipping and landing on the trampoline. Despite my crash landing, I hoped he didn't hear me and I hastily leapt off, running to my garden gate and kicking it open.

I ran down the winding roads until I found Robecca's house, where I explained everything to her. She suggested I rang the police, so I did make a formal complaint.

---------------------------------------------

"So, I'm currently at Robecca's. My mum is fuming. Really, really upset too. I mean, I know I did this so I deserve the consequence but he trashed my entire house!"

I glanced at Clawdeen, whose glossed over eyes showed signs of distress. Howleen seemed more afraid, aiming to get Clawdeen's attention, but she kept looking at the floor in a tight stare.

"I can't believe it..." I sputtered, a tear being released from my eye.

"Listen, I know it sounds crazy but I need to talk to you in person - please let me come and see you? It's okay of you don't want me to or something..."

"Of course you can. I want to hear more of what happened!' I sniffed.

"I'm glad. I'll be there in a few minutes?"

"That's cool," I conclude.

Putting down the phone, I find 2 bleak faces, swept of any expression, not even seeking any eye contact.

Frankie's melancholy expression transformed into a smile as she met my eyeline.

"5 spookachinos?"

"Coming right up!"

A/N ANOTHER update, god! Probably sick to death of Draculaura, so I'm leaving her for a bit and want to focus on some other aspects of the story. I tried to make it dramatic, I really did! Keep reading monsters 📖xx