Chapter 16

•Howleens POV•

I look in mirror, admiring myself in Clawdeen's gold bomber jacket. With her being away at the hospital almost every hour of the day, it gave me ample opportunity to search through her wardrobe and work some of her pieces.

"Hey!" Clawdeen cries from across the room, flinging the door wide open and running over to me, grabbing the jacket.

"What?" I croaked.

"Ugh, Howleen, why can't you just wear the millions of clothes you own instead of stealing mine!" she growls, pulling it off of my and throwing it on her bed "I can't wait until your new room is finished so I can finally have some privacy!"

"Get over it Clawdeen, just because I look better!" I scoffed. As soon as I realised what I was saying, it made me feel a little bad knowing my sister was exhausted because her friend was in desperate danger and had no one else, and here I was being selfish and taking her things.

"Whatever, just get out!" she roared, hot on my heels as I ran out, hearing her door slam behind me.

"Clawdeen okay?" Clawd put in.

"Who even cares," I spat back, pacing down the hall to my room to escape the madness.

•Clawdeens POV•

I dropped my bag beside my bed, catching my breath after screaming at my sister. How dare she just take my clothes as if they're her own and then ruin them? I never took her possesions, I wouldn't dream of it. She never had any respect and it gets on my last nerve.

"Hey, sis," Clawd shakes nervously, clicking my door open slightly so only his head is in view. I should imagine he knows how angry I am, hence the quiet welcome.

"Clawd?" I sneered. I could feel my blood boiling as he entered my room carefully, shutting the door behind him.

"Yeah, it's me," he sighed and smiled, as if this was some family reunion and I would be pleased to see him. Wrong.

"What the hell is your problem!" I snarled, darting over to the door as he backs away slightly. "How dare you treat Draculaura this way! She's been nothing but loving to you and she's like a sister to me! I warned you never to act in this way, Clawd, you promised me you would never hurt her! Look what you've done!"

I stop screaming in his face as his eyes widen. He looked surprised that I hadn't carried on.

"You don't understand, the normies spiked the punch and Venus lead me into this-"

"Don't you dare pin all the blame on her!" I ranted, breathing heavily, "You knew what you were doing, and if you loved her you would have never acted in this way!"

"See, I knew you'd only be on her side, as usual! What happened to blood is thicker then water? We're family, we're supposed to hear each other out and defend one another!" he retaliated.

"Oh, save it for someone else Clawd!" I countered.

"Believe me, I will!" he declares, spinning around to exit my room.

"That's right, walk away like the coward you are!" I complained as he ignores my plea and walks out, closing my door with such force I'm sure the room shook ever so slightly. Didn't he understand? Draculaura was my family. She was the sister I had always wanted. We had grown up together. We always defended each other. We had come so far, she meant everything to me. I wasn't going to allow someone to treat her poorly, especially my brother.

I clench my fists and exhale with anger. I felt dead. Like, really, I felt disgusting. I knew I was nothing to do with Draculaura and Clawds relationship, but I couldn't help but feel caught in the middle with it all.

•Spectra's POV•

"But I don't understand," I concluded, my heart breaking within my light corpse as Invisibilly sat opposite me.

"Neither do I," he choked nervously.

"But you and I, we were speaking long before Scarah Screams was even here," I groaned.

"I get that, I do, but I didn't expect things to get so serious between her and I. And I can't let her down," he proclaimed.

"And the party?" I interject.

He raises his eyes and glares at me. "It was one kiss," he lied.

"That's not true!" I informed, furious he would diffuse what had happened.

"Well, whatever it was, it has to end now," he resounded. I couldn't bear to even look at him. This boy who I had fallen head over heels for, someone who kept my secrets and didn't feel the need to tell everyone his business, was telling me he didn't want to see me anymore.

Okay, so I knew him and Scarah were pretty close. And that's fine. But then, she started wanting more. And I knew he liked her, but he loved me. We had a connection; when he was with Scarah, there was no chemistry or fun. He didn't find her interesting or amusing, and didn't laugh at her jokes. Not the way he was with me. The real Billy, letting his walls down. Laughing out loud, messing around. He was shy around Scarah. But he respected her, and he found himself in a situation he couldn't get out. And he didn't want to hurt anyone, apparently. Even though he was hurting me.

"I thought you loved me," I sobbed.

"I do, Spectra, I really do. But I can't be with you right now,"

"You don't need to lie to me," I stammered, wiping the small tear from under my eye.

"I would never,"

"If you loved me, you wouldn't care about Scarahs feelings. I know you do but still. If our love was what I had thought, you would sacrifice that for me," I gushed.

"I know, I know, but it's hard. I care for her," he confessed.

"If you love her, fine, be with her," I barked.

"I don't love her. I care for her deeply and wish her happiness, but she's not you,"

"Then end things with her and come with me," I pleaded as he sighed deeply, running his hand through his tousled hair.

"Spectra, I want that mo-"

"I'm tired of excuses," I admitted, raising from the bench and standing above him. He lifts his head so he's looking straight into my eyes. "If you want to be with me, I'll be waiting for your call. But i'm not waiting forever, anymore. It's exhausting."

I walked away without letting his respond to my ultimatum.

I love him, too much, I thought, but then, how can I keep waiting? How long should I allow myself to be loyal until he decides he wants me?

Tears streamed down my face. How on earth could this be fixed?

A/N; kind of sucky, I know. But it's another update! I'm happy to be involving Spectra as I really do love her with Invisibilly, but who knows what will happen!! Keep voting and commenting:)xo