1.81 Young Powerhouses of Da Lang (2)

Start from the beginning

But regardless, Zhang JunLi was actually quite capable as well.

The bearing of a leader - it was truly in their bloodline.

Second Prince JunLi groaned in his response,

"Eldest brother may look careless and lively, but why don't you try being tutored directly by him." he shuddered slightly, "I had to cram all I could in this brain of mine because I didn't want to prolong the time I had to spend with him."

"He's a demon!", he added.

Everyone laughed, and Chao HuiBo and Chao MeiHua could only glance awkwardly at each other.

These people casually spoke of the Crown Prince in such a away. Truly... refreshing... .

After everyone chatted further and ate their fill, Ji SongLi, Zhen BuFeng, and Zhang JunLi stood as they cupped their fists loosely towards their companions,

"Well, we shall leave first as we have to bring a small number of troops to Hun'ang, hence we will probably be slower," SongLi nodded towards Chao HuiBo and Chai MeiHua,

"See you in Hun'ang!"

The Chao siblings bowed and curtsied as well,

"See you in Hun'ang!"

The Third Prince Zhang GuoFu walked outside the room, to see his second brother and his two General friends to their hoses.

"The troops?" - Zhang GuoFu asked, tightening the thick grey cloak around his own neck, as he was suddenly hit by the cold wind, the ice cold sensation causing his face to feel numb.

"We will pass by the barrack now," Zhen BuFeng mounted his horse swiftly, followed by Ji SongLi and the Second Prince to their own horses,

"Then we will start marching north."

Upon noticing Zhang GuoFu still standing there, SongLi smiled,

"Is there anything you need to say, GuoFu?"

Zhang GuoFu looked up at the Young General - his friend and his future brother-in-law. By now, it was not a secret that Ji SongLi definitely loved Bai YuLan, to the point where no one else could imagine that everything he was doing, was for her. They were not stupid, all of them liked the young woman at different degrees of affection, for different reasons. Therefore, all of them had their own resources to find out Bai YuLan's whereabouts, even when SongLi never implicitly told them himself.

However, Ji SongLi definitely beat everyone by a long mile.

In his every calculative step, he always put YuLan's safety in mind.

Even the new Dragon troops, was to protect YuLan with his own share of authoritative power in the northern part of the Empire.

Zhang GuoFu also had an inkling that his eldest brother - the Crown Prince - had most probably withdrawn his authority because Bai YuLan was residing close to Hun'ang. However, he had not been able to really read the Crown Prince's mind, and his eldest brother had alienated himself from the rest of them over time.

Still, Zhang GuoFu still had not told anyone about YuLan's Jing lineage. He still was not sure if he should tell SongLi. Would it not be just another piece of information? Would it do any good?

Ji SongLi smiled at the young man from the top of his horse. He lightly pulled on the rein to urge the horse to turn. Chuckling as the horse started to walk slowly, he said,

"Don't worry. We will be back in time for your wedding... brother!"

Zhang GuoFu was startled for a while, before also laughing as the three figures on the horses gradually disappeared in the midst of the hazy light snowfall.