20

"yoongi, where are you taking me?" jimin asked minutes after dropping off minhyuk for school.

"it's a surprise." yoongi grins, continuing to drive.

yoongi set up a cute surprise for jimin. they were going to the dance studio he and hoseok own. yoongi had namjoon fly out jimin's family along with yoongi's family. yoongi was planning to propose to jimin. they technically never really broke up and yoongi wants to show jimin how he plans to stay with him even though he left him for six years. yoongi wanted to show jimin how much he loves him and how he continuously thought about him and minhyuk even though yoongi left without a trace.

"what are we doing at the dance studio?" jimin looked around.

"it's a surprise," yoongi chuckles, "so put this blindfold on. you can't see it until it's completely ready."

yoongi led jimin through the building as he was blindfolded. jimin clutched onto yoongi's arm as he was being led. yoongi's heart began to race once they got closer to the room. he made sure everyone was completely quiet as he led jimin to the center of the room. yoongi's heart raced faster than he's felt before as he helps jimin sit down. the lights were off except for one light pointing directly at the two men.

"yoongi," jimin chuckles, "what are you planning?"

"you'll see."

yoongi removes the blindfold from jimin's eyes and lets him adjust to their surroundings. jimin was confused as to why the room was so dark and why they were in the center. looking up at yoongi, jimin furrows his brows while looking at the nervous yoongi. jimin wanted to know badly what was going on that made him that nervous.

"yoongi, please tell me what's happening." jimin chuckles.

"jimin," yoongi starts, "i know i've apologized in the past about leaving you and minhyuk for six years. i want to apologize again because that has to be the biggest mistake i've made. i want to let you know how much i love and adore the both of you so much. i don't want to leave you guys again because i can't imagine myself in the future without the two of you. what i want to say is that i want to stay with the two of you and grow old with you. the point of this is that i want to ask you something very important."

"i love you too, yoongi, but please get to the point because i'm starting to feel impatient." jimin laughs.

"jimin, will you marry me?"

yoongi bent down on one knee, opening the small velvet case in his hand to reveal a customized ring. jimin's eyes welled up with tears and the lights opened, revealing the two families and their friends along with minhyuk. there were flower petals scattered around the dance room and signs saying 'say yes!' posted on the mirror. everyone was smiling, happy for the two.

"yes, i will."

+

and that takes us to the end of return. this was a small idea i had since i've been in preparation of writing a new yoonmin story based on their song 'the truth untold' and i'm excited to reveal it to you guys. 

this book ended at twenty chapters only because i didn't want to drag out the story. thank you for reading, as always. it was fun writing this.

—l