Chapter 22- Finale

Start from the beginning

"I need to get ready for the float. I'll see you two up there, gotta find Tyler first."

Stefan and Elena nod their heads and I smile as best as I can. I looked around for Tyler but Damon suddenly gets in front of me and I averted my eyes to the floor. Damon uses his finger to make me look at him.

"Your hiding from me now?" I shake my head and move away from him but Damon grabs my elbow and I looked at him.

"Let me go Damon, now. I have to look for Tyler before the parade starts." Damon let's me go and I sigh,"Thank you."

I walked away from him and found Tyler. We get ready for the float and stood besides Elena and Stefan, while Caroline and Matt stood at the top. Mystic Falls Court and their escorts are on the float; they laugh and wave to the crowd as the parade starts.

"This is Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful?"

Bonnie is in the crowd. She smiles and waves at me and Elena. Elena smiles and waves back to Bonnie. Damon walks in front of Bonnie and stops, smiles and waves to me. I looked at Damon, hurt, but I soon look away. I looked at Tyler and Stefan and waves to the rest of the crowd. Damon turns around and sees Bonnie. Elena looks at me and I nod my head, reassuring her I'm okay. After the parade Tyler stays with me and I smile.

"You know, this period look it suits you with your raven black hair." I smile and button up one of Tyler's buttons on his costume.

"And this period look doesn't suit you well. But thank you for the compliment. I would really like to get home and change out of this clothes, you know back into my jeans and leather jacket clothes. Thanks for being there on the float with me." I smile and Tyler looks at me, nodding his head.

"Yeah. Your welcome. I'll see you around then Lyanna." I smile and nod my head, heading home.
————-
I walked into the Grill wearing my modern day clothing, along with my jacket. Elena and Stefan are in the back with the pool tables, playing pool. Damon is standing alone and he approaches me.

"I like you better like this. The period look, it...didn't suit you." I scoffed and cross my arms.

"Is that an insult?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Actually Lyanna, it is a compliment of the highest order." I smile even more and look around as people are not really busy looking at us.

"Look, I know Stefan and Elena are worried about our....friendship."

"Did he mention something to you too?" Damon smirks and I looked st him shocked.

"No, did he mention something to you? Or did Elena mention something?"

"No, nothing worth repeating," Damon scoops me in his arms and I giggle,"But your worth it all no matter what." I smile and saw Elena looks at us.

"You should probably take me out of your arms at like now. Stefan and Elena look like they could kill and it's not going to be me they're gonna kill. Besides I have to talk to Jermey, he's kind of mad at me and Elena." Damon doesn't let me go and I grin,"What if I told you that you can be with me during the fireworks tonight, hm?" Damon released his arms around from me and I smile.

I walked my way to Elena and Jermey, and seeing that Jermey is pissed a lot. I looked at Jermey and he looked at me madly.

"You go to hell, Elena, you too Lyanna." I stare at Jermey shocked as he leaves The Grill. Elena looks hurt and I hug her, as I looked around Damon not here and so isn't Stefan. I walked outside and found Jermey glaring at Damon. I walked closer and Jermey leaves, and now Stefan talks to Damon, as I can overhead their conversation.