Chapter 20~My soul mate is a wolf, so why am i in love with a guy?

20

Right now, what I was thinking was that he could just come and see but I realized that he was respecting my privacy by giving me space.

I'm really cold and if you don't do what you promised right now, I'm going to freeze to death.

Alright.

That was it, those few simple words was all it took to convince me to go into that freezing water once more to be near him.

As I stepped in the first thing I noticed was that it was a few degrees colder than before and I tried not to let my body quiver as I went under water in hopes of getting used to it but I couldn't do anything against the way my body reacted to the temperature. As I moved stood in the freezing water, he stayed right where he was waiting for me, being patient letting me take all the time I needed. I took a deep cleansing breath and started moving forward, I didn't swim, I walked. It was kind of awkward because I was shivering so hard my teeth chattered and I had my arms wrapped tightly around myself trying to move as quickly as I could to warmth.

I knew I could send him a message with my mind if I tried and I knew that if he wanted to he could come to me, and he did.

In a blink of an eye he was right in front of me opening his arms for my cold freezing body to step into them and I walked into them willingly. I snuggled my frozen form to his toasty warm one which surprised me, but probably shouldn't have since he was a shifter.

Our minds were still connected and I could feel how happy it made him that I trusted him and I was just as happy that I finally had someone other than my mother and Andrea I could really trust. In the past couple

months Andrea has become my best friend.

His body warm me up quicker than I thought, at first it was kind of awkward but as I relaxed in his arms I realized that it was natural, being like that with your mate. I guess the animal in me was closer to the surface than ever before and it scared me but the closer we got, the more I wanted to just let go and set it free.

After a while we let each other go and started fooling around, splashing water at each other and other things along those lines. When we finally settled down and stopped laughing, we were both floating on our backs, holding hands and looking up at the starlit sky.

"Its almost time." He whispered.

"I know."

"We should get ready."

"Not yet." I said not taking my eyes from the big silver orb approaching the center of the sky that would change my life forever. I closed my eyes and let its supernatural light wash over me, making my body tingle with its magic.

"Lets go."

"I'll get you a towel to dry you, just wait a second." He said moving away from me.

"A towel, from where?" I asked amused.

"I'll show you later." This time just like before, as he was getting out of the water I turned around giving him privacy. Not long after that I heard soft footsteps on the grass and I turned around to see him walking toward the lake with a white towel wrapped around his waist, his hair wet and messy and with a towel and something else in his arms. As I got out of the water, he handed me the towel without looking and I appreciated his efforts.

After I dried off as much as I could I wrapped the towel around myself and told him it was safe to turn around.

"What are those for?" I asked pointing to the material held on his left arm.

"We're going to be wearing them. You get the white one and I get the black one." he said handing me the silky white material.

"How am I supposed to wear this?" I asked confused. He took the material from my hands and placed it around my shoulders, the fabric was so thick nothing showed, the material was long enough to touch the floor. After I took off the towel careful not to show anything, the silken material was like heaven to my sensitive skin. He placed the other cloth around his shoulders and dropped our towel where we had our picnic. He took my hand and we walked to the center of the clearing.