Chapter 8

I am sorry this update took so long. I'm becoming busy with the Fall semester starting back up and moving. I wanted to give you guys a perfect new chapter, but it's been a while. This is the reason why the chapter in unedited. Thanks in advance for understanding!

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

I spun around to find myself extremely close with the mysterious man. Shrieking, I jumped back. He was gorgeous, but strangely familiar. His dark green eyes reminded me of a forest. His brown hair was in a tousled quiff as if he had ran his hands through them all day. It looked so soft. His tuxedo was straightened out, without a single wrinkle in sight.

"It's not nice to sneak up on an innocent and defenseless girl, you know." I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest.

Chills crawled up my spine as his eyes traveled down my body, examining every aspect, before trailing back up to my face, intensely staring into my brown orbs. His eyes squinted in confusion.

"You don't remember me," he murmured in thought.

I slowly backed away, suddenly finding the situation becoming creepy. "I'm sorry, but I think my mom's calling me."

"Who was your first boyfriend?"

I halted in my steps, my blood instantly freezing at the mere question. A scowl replaced my frightful features.

"I don't see how that's any of your business."

As I tried to escape, a hand grabbed my wrist, forcing me to return the creep's gaze.

"Who was your first boyfriend?" He repeated, rougher than the first.

Was this psycho a robot?

"Look, I don't know how you species operate, but we humans don't like to be manhandled...well most of us anyways."

His grip tightened and I struggled to mask my wince with a blank expression.

"I won't repeat myself again." The stranger's lips were set straight in a line and his brows furrowed at my lack of compliance.

"Good, because I almost believed you're an actual robot." A low animalistic growl emitted from him. "Kidding! Totally kidding...not really."

"Answer the damn question."

"Just some guy," I muttered, refusing to shut my eyes at the painful memories I tried so hard to keep buried. 

My answer didn't seem to be sufficient enough. Instead of releasing me, he yanked me towards his chest and glared down at my petite figure. I crashed into the stone wall of muscle and allowed a scowl to show.

"Name?"

"Look Thanos, I don't have to tell you anyth-" My wrist was on the urge of being crushed to ash. "Eric! His name was Eric! Are you happy!"

Silently, he maneuvered his hand towards my chin and harshly lifted it up to meet his dark emeralds. My body was on fire as my eyes delved into his.

It was happening all over again. The familiar spark shot down my spine at his mere touch when it should be cowering in disgust.

Eric...

No. 

I didn't realize I was literally shaking in fear until he demanded me to stop. I flinched as his other hand moved a stray hair away from my face while wearing a sadistic smile.

"I almost thought you forgot about me." Kindness reappeared in his eyes.

It was nothing but lies.