meeting with love, •g• pt. 5

i close my eyes, taking a deep breath. when i open them, he's gone. the teenage boy, time. i then walk to huddle cafe, the cafe grayson and i planned our honeymoon. i sit on my usual table, texting ethan.

ethan

me: ethan??? where are you???

ethan: coming; the usual?

me: ya know it

ethan: love ya

me: i love you too i guess

ethan: i guess???

me: ugh fine

me: i, y/n y/l/n, love you from the very bottom of my heart, ethan grant dolan.

ethan: that's more like it, did you cry today?

me: only a tear.

ethan: good. ok love you bunches smooches

-

i smiled, looking down at the table. he made me happy. then, i feel someone sit down opposite me. again, expecting it to be ethan, i look up, only to find a middle aged woman in a pink dress, smiling at me. instead of returning the gesture, i narrow my eyes. "hi, my name is love," she says, putting her hand out to shake. "oh my god, did your silly friend send you?" a look of confusion takes over her face before realization hits her. "do you mean time? he's not my friend. he's... aggressive. he's not caring."

"tell me about it," i mumble to myself. "but i, i am care. i am love. to put in your words, i am within everything. or your friend's words, to be more precise. ethan, is he close to you?" she explains. "yes, he's the twin of my loved one that passed away," i answer, suddenly surprised as to where my guards and walls of protection are gone. "well, he seems to know what he's talking about," she says, expecting me to say something but i stay silent.

"don't ignore what's in front of you, y/n. you're okay, you have people to share your sorrow with. you have a particular someone. grayson was lovely, i bet. but it's time to move on, love something else. grayson will always be with you, but there's someone else in store." she says, then getting up and leaving. on the way, she bumps into ethan. ethan then comes and sits on our table asking, "what's up?"