"It's alright. I won't let anything happen to you." I promised her.

She offered me a meek smile and jumped as the door creaked and slowly inched open.

"Tohru!" Momiji squealed excitedly and sprung from the door. His bright golden hazel eyes fell on me and he beamed, "Luna!" He dove into my arms for a hug and squeezed me tight, "What are you doing here? You haven't visited here in years."

Tohru threw me a curious look which I pretended not to see. "Momiji, did you invite Tohru here?" I asked curiously.

"Not me." He shook his head, "I told her I'd stay with her so she didn't feel scared." He beamed.

I gently pat him on the head before hugging him back, "Thank you, Momiji." If he was looking out for her, I know she'd be safe from Hatori at least, but that still left one colossal threat.

"Kisa and Hiro will be so happy to see you, Luna." Momiji grinned.

I hadn't seen Hiro since I'd moved in with Shigure. Knowing him, he'd be mad at me for abandoning him. "Where are they?" I asked curiously.

"They went to see Akito a few days ago." Momiji said soberly. "They've been pretty quiet since."

My eyes widened at this, "Damn it!" I released Tohru's hand, "Momiji stay with Tohru!" I ordered as I darted toward the main house. I knew Hiro had feelings for Kisa when they were kids; everyone thought it was just puppy love. I told him not to tell Akito. Akito hated seeing everyone else happy when he was miserable, though he brought his misery upon himself, if he'd just be nice to people he wouldn't be so alone. Why did he have to try to make everyone else miserable too?

I raced down a tree lined path past the 'outside' Sohma's houses and quickly scaled a small fence leading to the main house. A few maids and other staff squealed in surprise as I launched myself up the steps to the main house and onto the wraparound porch.

"You can't be here!" Someone called out to me as I wrenched open the door and flitted inside.

Where was he? Where was that bastard? "Akito?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as a few of the male security staff swarmed toward me. "AKITO! GET OUT HERE!" I snarled as the security tried to grapple me and escort me out.

Easily, I slipped away from them and continued charging down the hall, searching for his presence. A door at the end of the hall slid open and a gaunt pale young man a few years older than me stepped forward. He had greasy black hair that was choppily cut so pieces of it framed his gaunt face. His eyes were like dark pools of tar, so dark and thick they seemed to pull you in. Everything about him was toxic. He was like a disease, inflicting all those around him and filling their hearts with darkness and despair.

I lunged at him before the guards could grab hold of me and quickly pinned him to the wall with my arm pressed tightly against his throat cutting off his air supply. His dark eyes didn't widen in fear, nor did he seem the least bit surprised to see me. His lips curled into a sneer as if his life wasn't in any danger.

"Luna." His voice was raspy as he tried to regulate his breathing. "I knew you'd come crawling back to me someday."

"Not a chance in hell." I smirked, "You have no power over me anymore, you have no leverage, nothing you can use against me to hurt me. You took everything from me, bad move on your part, now you have no collateral."

"The dog." Akito smirked.

"You wouldn't chance losing one of your precious followers. They're all still connected to you." I challenged.

"You misunderstand." Akito chuckled as he held up a hand to stop the security from tackling me. "I wouldn't kill him, just make him suffer."

I tightened my grip no longer giving him room to breathe or speak, "You even think about hurting him or anyone else in this family, and I will end you." I held up my free hand as my nails elongated and shifted into razor sharp claws, "I'm not playing games anymore Akito, you were right, I am a monster, and you should be very afraid because one day, when the monster caged inside of me is freed, who do you think it will go after first? The one who I hold the most resentment for, think about who that might be for a moment."

His dark eyes were wide in fear. I could smell it rolling off of him in waves, absolute, pure, ecstatic, gut wrenching, heart stopping terror.

"Don't mess with my family, anymore." I released him from my hold and watched with a smile as he fell to his knees coughing, sputtering and gasping for air. "You don't want to see me again." I said coolly before disappearing out the back way and doubling back to Hatori's home.

A small smile wormed its way onto my lips. I felt empowered. The sound of someone approaching caused me to dart into the bushes and conceal myself. I turned to the source of the noise and spotted Shigure heading toward the main house. What was he doing here?

After a few minutes passed Shigure left the main house looking somewhat confused and annoyed. He trudged past my hiding spot and went to Hatori's. Once I was sure I was out of earshot I slunk from my hiding spot and crept towards Hatori's home to listen in.

"Shigure." Tohru sounded relieved to see him, at least she was alright.

"I believe you haven't met Akito yet, correct?" Hatori asked and I tensed at this, why would he want her to? It was probably Akito who had asked Hatori to invite Tohru over. That bastard, he had to quit playing games with people.

"Ah, I wouldn't advise it right now." Shigure piped in. "I just went to the main house to say hello and got shooed away. He's in a bad mood."

"I think it's because Luna is here." Momiji piped in.

"WHAT?!" Hatori and Shigure exclaimed simultaneously, "She went to see Akito?" They both panicked.

"Calm down." I grumbled finally making my presence known as I slipped through the back door and joined them in the sitting room.

"Luna, what are you doing here?" Hatori asked in awe.

I shrugged, "I didn't want Tohru coming by herself, and you shouldn't have put her up to coming by herself."

"Are you alright?" Shigure asked worried.

I shrugged once more, "I'm fine, are we all done here?"

Shigure nodded and motioned to Tohru to get ready to leave. She said her goodbyes to Momiji and Hatori and they both headed out the front door.

"Luna." Hatori stopped me at the door.

"What?" I didn't bother turning to face him, keeping my gaze forward and my eyes cold.

"Why do you do this to yourself?" He asked softly as he reached out for my hand.

I wrenched my hand away from him with a hiss as if his touch had scalded me. He didn't understand he didn't know that this wasn't some way of self-inflicting pain; I did it to protect him, to protect everyone! "Don't try to psychoanalyze me right now." I muttered.

"You were recovering so well. I don't want to see you digress back to the hollow shell you once were. I can't watch you go down that road again, Luna. I can't bear to see you hur-."

"You should have more faith in me, Hatori." I turned to him as I finally quelled the rage inside of me from my interaction with Akito. I offered him a smile, "I'm not planning on putting you all through that again."

His dark olive green eyes widened at this.

"Luna!" Shigure called from outside and I jogged to catch up.

A year ago, I'd never be able to stand up to Akito like I did and walk away completely unscathed physically, mentally and emotionally. It was proof that I was mending, that I was becoming stronger. One day, hopefully soon, I'd be strong enough to protect the whole family.

Video- Saferwaters By Chevelle