2. Happiness?

Começar do início

And that was how Pari and Nissa got to know the girl's name. The couple had left but silence remained.

"I think..." Firdous said after a while. "You should give her a chance. She is so polite. Not once did she answer back to you."

"Give her a chance?? I will never ever tolerate her! It's either her in this house or me."

"I'm getting late. Assalam o alaikum." Pari mumbled, excusing herself from the heated argument. She couldn't decide what was better; the house where tension lingered as a permanent guest or the hospital where her heart was shot every minute.

Usama had taken Pari's car so she took a taxi to the hospital. She couldn't help but accept that no matter what, Usama was at least an amazing husband to his wife. He was also a fantastic brother to her and Nissa and an obedient son to his parents except for this one time. Maybe marrying Holly wasn't the best of decisions but if that was permissible in Islam then his father should've been more flexible for his son's happiness.

After all, Usama had sacrificed his dream of being a photographer, just so his dad could send him to the USA to become an engineer.

She had paid the taxi driver and was walking towards the Marjory ward when Usama called her.

"Hey Assalam o alaikum." He said dully. "I'm sorry I took your car."

"Walaikum Salam bhai. It's cool don't worry."

"Are you mad at me like dad and mum?"

Pari gave a tiny laugh. "Not at all! I just think it would've been better if you told the parents before getting married. You're their only son."

"I know." He sighed. "It's just that...I knew they wouldn't agree. I love her P. I can't imagine a life without Holly."

She didn't reply to her brother's statement. Her hold on the phone got tighter. She knew how it felt to have lonely nights.

"Hey." Usama whispered. "I was just thinking if you could spend some time with Holly and make her a bit like us. You know, desi. To impress dad."

"Sure." She laughed. "I would love that."

As the siblings hung up, Dr. Pari took a deep breath and walked into the ward.

Laiba's happy face and the smiling children who had quickly recovered from their school bus accident greeted her.

The kids were ready to leave the hospital and they had prepared cards for the hospital staff.

Laiba and Pari got a ton load of hugs, flowers and love from the kids. It was moments like those that made Pari love her job.

"Pari I absolutely love kids!" Laiba gushed as they sanitised their hands. "Remind me to have 10 kids please."

"What happened to the 'I'm never having a parasite inside my body!' statement when we were at the maternity ward?" Pari chuckled.

"Yikes. I forgot how those parasites make mothers bleed when giving birth. Fine I'm back to my zero child policy."

They were enjoying their happy moment together. However, happiness was always short lived at Stepping Hill.