1. Love is never an excuse

Assalam o alaikum!
Someone needs to pinch me because this is unbelievable! I have a new baby book now.

08/08/2018
The day Unnoticed was born.

•••

Limitless, then, in His glory is He in whose hand rests the mighty dominion over all thing; and to Him you will be returned
[Holy Quran, 36:83]

Chapter 1

Love is never an excuse

I want you to know that I want to know you.

My thoughts have not shut up about you ever since they started talking.

Human brain is an amazing creation Mashallah. It allows me to imagine us together and that vision makes me the happiest.

Every night when I pray for a beautiful married life, I think of you. I don't know why you come to my mind.

And that agitates me, sometimes makes me feel bad about myself as a Muslim. I can only pray for Allah to unite us and make us the best for each other in this world and the hereafter. I even go ahead to pray for our kids to be the coolness of our eyes.

My hopes remain high but on days when my Imaan is low and I find myself sad at the thought of never having you, I still pray for you.

It takes a lot of courage and patience but I know it's worth it.

You're worth it.

Pari closed the spiral bound journal. She had splattered her heart out on the narrow lines. It was one of those days when her Imaan was low. She was worried she would lose hope and the darkness would envelope her.

"All you have to do is hand in the application for the transfer and you won't have to work here anymore." She sighed, trying to reassure herself.

"So you really are going to leave Stepping Hill hospital?"

She quickly composed herself and smiled at Laiba. "Stepping Hill is too overwhelming for a beginner like me."

"Right. That's why you're doing better than me in all the wards?"

"I need a break Lab. Something smaller like Oldham will be the best option for me."

"Ew don't call me that!" Laiba frowned and narrowed her eyes. "Are you sure there's no other reason for you leaving?"

"How many times do I have to repeat it!" Pari rolled her eyes. "I. Just. Need. A. Break."

A break from him.

Laiba inspected her friend's face with scrunched brows. "I don't understand. It was so hard for you to get into Stepping Hill. It was your dream! You used to be so happy!"

"Yes. I 'used' to be happy. Now I'm not."

As the friends continued munching their lunch at the hospital cafeteria, Laiba's dull face suddenly lit up with excitement. "Then these are our last few days together! You have to attend Hana's birthday party tonight."

"I am invited?"

"Duh. All the doctors from the Marjory ward are invited." Laiba mumbled.