•Chapter 38•

WE SPENT THE next few minutes in silence just wrapped up in each other and not saying anything. I was glad that we didn't need words in order to know what exactly each was feeling or wanted to say.

"Do you think we should read now?" I asked. "Or maybe later?"

Nick shrugged but nodded nevertheless. "Yeah I think we should do that otherwise I might not be able to keep my hands to myself any longer," he said with a smirk as I got out of his hold.

"Seriously!" I exclaimed.

"I'm a growing hormonal teenage boy, it's not so hard to believe I have such thoughts," he replied with a casual shrug and ran a hand through his hair.

I couldn't believe he just said that and he had no remorse whatsoever. I shook my head and grabbed my book from the ground as I opened it up to the first page.

"Do you even like reading?" I asked as he picked up his book and began reading.

"I'm not obsessed with it like you are, but, I do enjoy a good book once in a while," he answered. "Especially if it's a Jane Austen classic."

I turned around and looked at him. "You're a Jane Austen fan then?"

"Nope!"

"But you love her books."

Nick scoffed, "which part of my speech did I mention me loving her books?" he inquired.

"You...but, ahh." He was right, he never said he loved her books.

We fell into a comfortable silence as we both got roped into the magical world of reading. I was deeply drawn to the world of fallen angels, love, betrayal and so much heartache that by the time I was halfway through the second book, tears were rolling down my face and I couldn't stop them.

"What's wrong?" Nick asked as I sniffed.

"This book, I can't believe that Luce and Daniel went through so much just so they could be together," I replied as I wiped my tears.

"That's what has you crying?" he cocked his head to look at me better. "I thought you were in pain or something and I got worried," he said seriously.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you," I need to calm down from all these emotions. "It's just that it's a really good book and I'm in love with Lauren Kate's writing, I think she may be one of my new favourite authors."

Nick looked at me intensely for a moment before a laugh fell from his lips.

"Mind sharing what's so funny?"

"Not at all," he replied. "You are what's funny."

"How am I funny?"

"You just cried over a fictional romance book about the back and forth of an asshole angel and a very inquisitive girl who always died in each life," he laughed. "You are the most ridiculous person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing."

I could not believe he just called me ridiculous. "I am not ridiculous and it's a really good book, you should read it before you jump to conclusions."

"I have already read it. In fact I read the whole series and trust me when I say, it was a waste of a good weekend," he replied.

"I even watched the movie which by the way, I regret. Nothing lined up."

I placed a hand to my chest at his truth. "I thought you said you don't read that much?" I asked cocking my eyebrow at him.

"I have my moments," he shrugged casually.