I hung my head in my hands and covered my face. "I can't believe you heard that," I sighed. "You weren't supposed to hear that part at all."

Nick wrapped his hands around my wrists and removed them from my face. "Look at me," he said but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

He used his index finger to tip my chin up and my eyes met his. "There's nothing to be ashamed of. But can I ask you something?" he asked chewing on his bottom lip. I nodded and he took a deep breath, "did you mean it? Do you love me?"

His body tensed as he waited for my answer. I didn't have to think about it because deep down I knew that I had always been in love with him. Not the whole love at first sight but somewhere from spending time with him.

"Yes," I finally answered and a genuine smile appeared on his face.

He used his hands to bring my face close to his and I felt his soft tender lips on mine. First it was a slow yet passionate kiss before it turned heavy and rushed. It was as if he was trying to say something that he couldn't and I felt it. When we finally pulled back to catch our breaths, he leant his forehead on mine.

"I planned something for us to do," he said and put his boots back on. "Come on let's go," he said extending his hand towards me and I took it.

He intertwined our fingers and pulled me out of the room and towards the front exist of the hospital. The receptionist sent me a knowing smile and a wave as we existed.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked nervously, "I can't be seen leaving the hospital."

Nick looked back at me, smirked and continued leading me to wherever it was he had planned.

Once we were outside, the sunlight hit my skin and I soaked it all up because I couldn't remember when last I had been outside feeling the warmth from the Sun. He continued to pull me further away from the hospital until we found a small park just close by.

There was a blanket spread out over the grass under a huge tree with a bag on it.

"Surprise," he said, "I know it's not much but I can't exactly take you anywhere far from the hospital considering your condition," he said sheepishly as we both sat down.

"It's still perfect," I answered. "I really missed the Sun," I smiled. "Anything is seriously better than being stuck in that hospital room."

Nick chuckled, "I thought you'd say something like that. Hence I made it even perfect by getting you this," he said and removed the whole Fallen bookset from the bag.

"You got me the whole series?" my heart swelled at the gesture.

Nick rubbed the back of his neck which was a habit a learnt he did when he was nervous about something. "Yes, I saw the first book on your shelf but I couldn't see the others so I went out and bought you the entire collection. Do you like it?" he asked.

"No I don't," I replied truthfully and saw his face fall.

"Oh! I'm sorr-" I cut him off.

"You didn't let me finish what I was saying. I don't like it because I love it," I said and he took a breath of relief. "I could never afford to buy the whole series but now I have it and I'll be able to know what happens to Luce and Daniel," I squealed, "and it's all thanks to you."

I pulled him into a hug and gave him a kiss before opening the second book.

"Someone's eager to read," he teased, "I thought we could do something before we got to the reading," he said with a mischievous smile as he made me sit between his legs and kissed my collar bone.

A shiver run down my spine. "W-what did you have in m-mind?" I asked as he peppered small kisses on my shoulder.

"I don't know. Maybe kiss and stuff," he answered with his mouth still on my skin.

"We're at a public place," I whispered as my eyes shut involuntary.

"And so?"

"So we can't," I said but my mind and body were not in agreement. A fire ignited within me at his tough while my brain kept sending me warning signals.

"Fine," he huffed and grabbed a book from his bag, "let's read shall we?"

I missed his touch and how his lips felt against my skin. Snap out of it Alexis, my subconscious said.

"Are you going to read or........?" he asked leaning into me with his head on my shoulder. I snapped out of my very inappropriate thoughts.

"Yeah sure, let's do that," I answered a bit dazed, "what are you reading?"

"Pride and Prejudice," he answered as he placed yet another kiss on my neck.

A shiver ran down my spine at his delicate touch yet again. "I-I think we should just r-read," I tried to convince him but I knew it was the last thing I wanted to do now.

Nick took the book from my hand and gently placed it down on the blanket before turning me around so we could be face to face and wrapped his hands around me. I buried my head on his chest while he led his head on my shoulder.

"I can't believe it has been four months since I first met you," he whispered. "And it has been the best four months of my life."

"I never thought I would have friends other than Asher and the football guys but I'm glad Ms. Thompson paired us up for that assignment," I said.

"So am I."

*
*
*
Please Vote! Comment! Share! & follow!

~A