Ꮛᑭ 5

❀ ❀ ❀ 

Slipping through the small crack in the door Yuu made to avoid noise as much as possible, he gently closes it and begins slowly taking off his shoes. Before he entered, he made sure to check the time. Yuuchiro fumbled with his footwear as his hands began to casually vibrate. He wasn't allowed to be late. He knew this already. That there were no exceptions. 

Even if he stopped by bullies, beaten up, tortured even. He did manage to get lucky once, his dad was sleeping early and after being more than 30 minutes late, he was able to slip back home in one piece.

"Where were you?" I can only dream. Yuu thought, forcefully swallowing down the breath of relief he'd prayed to release. "Ahh, well . . . W- were you standing there this entire time?" 

"You know I don't have time for your games, Yuuchiro. Explain." Yuu bites his lip nervously. He didn't have time to come up with a good enough lie. Originally, he was, of course, planning one while running just in case, but his run-in with the student council president brought all sorts of trouble. Remembering his words . . . even now Yuuchiro feels certain rushes of anger. His throat felt like it'd close up. He couldn't talk to Mika? He didn't even get the chance to see if that was the real Mikaela and Urd Gealas wants to take him away already? It was probably his outburst in class that did something that sprung this on to him. 

He set himself up for something as ridiculous as that?! Urd Gealas caught on because of that?! All that being said . . . MIKA WAS NOW GOING TO HIS SCHOOL?! 

Yuu begins hearing footsteps ahead of him. Shit forgot to repl-- Yuu opens his mouth, nearly ready to blurt out his response. "Why . . ." The man murmurs out suddenly, gently grabbing Yuu's chin. " . . . Is your face red? Is this a bruise?" He states far too calmly for Yuu to be comfortable, in fact, it runs a few shivers up his spine. The man closes in to Yuu's face, gently placing a hand under Yuu's chin as to see the damage.

"Ah ... This? I dunno when it got here, maybe I slapped myself too hard in the morning. It was an accide—"

"I'm sorry." The man interrupts taking a few steps closer to the boy, "If it seemed like I cared about you for a second, I'm sorry." Yuu's mouth dries up as he closes his mouth upon receiving the words. 

He never said something so cruel directly, was returning home in good shape just that important this time? 

He was scared, again. 

"I told you not to mess up your face. Dammit!!" And then, his father goes off. Yuuchiro watches in terror as his face completely contorts from a simple frown to an evil scowl. His eyebrows scrunch together in furry. They were no longer eye to eye level, he was so clearly taller than Yuuchiro, but the rage painted on the older male's face makes it so Yuuchiro sees: 

Him towering above him. 

The child-like feeling he was receiving.

Nothing else. 

When their eyes meet once more, Yuu almost instantly flinches.  "What the fuck . . . are you still doing in my sight?" 

Yuu stands still, stuck at how furious this man was today. But he had to focus. He'd have to or this situation would worsen. 

Yuuchiro sprints towards the stairs. Not looking back. Even as his father began screaming, yelling, and shrieking behind him. Right as the door to his room gently shuts, the washed out sounds from below him stayed. Violent crashing and cursing still ran below him.

Yuu's trembling hands gently touch his jawbone. It was reassuring, this was a technique he used to keep his own sanity. Wherever his father's dirty hands touched, Yuu would place his own on the area as gently as possible. There was such a thing as gentle, there was such a thing as nice. But sometimes it didn't work. Realizing that it wouldn't this time either, Yuuchiro looks around his room, his eyes scanning the area quickly. 

One by one, a few of his senses begin to shut down. Yuu's knees slam against the brown carpet, his chest hits the floor. It's not working . . . Something that makes you happy, look at your surroundings.

Yuu's eyes wander towards his bed, his heart rate increases at the sight. I hate my room, I hate my room, I hate my room. Happy thoughts? . . . Any?