Ꮛᑭ 4

❀ ❀ ❀      

No way in hell. Whether it be Mika or not, after that phone call there was no way in hell he could get home a second late. 

Yuu speed walks in the direction of his house, "Oi!! Yuu!" He abruptly hears Akane's enthusiastic yelling from behind him. Yuu ignores the shorter girl, keeping his vision centered on the buildings in front of them. "What's with the sudden 'hehh?!' during class? I guess you really are excited to see Mik ..." Akane stares at the sullen boy. It was a rare sight to see him with such a frustrated look. "Yuu- kun? ..." 

"Sorry, Akane. I really need to get home today. So we can talk tomorrow." He speaks in a dismissive tone. Halfway in another step, Akane stops. Leaving Yuu to walk by himself. 

-- 

"Finally far enough from the school ..." Yuichiro takes off in a small sprint, his shoes clacking against the ground as he passes by the familiar streets.

And ... while passing by the street lights, the slowly setting sun; Yuu couldn't help but continuously look up at the sky. It was one of his favorites things after all.

"Things like this make me glad I'm alive." 

"Huh?" Ridiculous. "You have no parents, no home, no life, and you're glad you're alive? ..." 

"Mm ... it may seem stupid, but looking up at the sky with you has become one of my favorite things. I like when the sun and clouds glow just before it turns night. It may not be ... fun. But it makes me happy. You make me happy, Yuu- chan." 

You have nothing, like me. "Yeah? Maybe you're a weirdo Mika." 

"Hey! I'm pouring my heart out!!" The blond sits up in a frenzy, his face red with embarrassment. 

HEY.

"Hey, dumbass. Get your fucking head out of the clouds!" Yuu feels something heavy smash into his abdomen. 

Crashing into the side of a random house, a few metal trashcans clatter about as his back smacks against them. A head full of purple hair dangles above him. Yuu calmly glares back at the teen, two others slowly approach from behind him. "I knew after such an awful day there was no way I could get home in time without something like this happening. I'm surprised I wasn't hit by a truck instead." He comments defeatedly. 

"You mocking us?" The one with purple hair growls angrily, Lucas. What climbed up your

"Lucas, calm down." The one with black hair says with lack of interest, Rene.

"I doubt he'd be stupid enough to even do that." This douchebag again ... Urd Geales. Everyone knew him, or at least, they thought they did. Out of the three of them, he was the worse. "What's going on, President- sama?" Yuu ridicules the blond while the teen places his phone in his pocket. 

"Why'd you ignore my note?" Urd says simply, completely ignoring Yuichiro's displeasing tone. So it was your note ... Well, I'm glad I ignored it. "Had something important to do at home, what was so important you couldn't tell me at school?" Yuu retorts, slowly getting to his feet. Urd smirks, crossing his arms in a manner that screamed at Yuu. Maybe it was the way they stood, maybe it was their fearlessness, or perhaps the way their eyes glowed a strange red as the clouds sometimes did during dawn. But Yuu got the feeling he should be anywhere but where he was right now. 

"It would've been quick, but you've forced my hand." Urd takes a few steps forward, Yuu instantly taking a few steps back. 

Slap,

The sound echoes around them. 

It was rare that he was ever slapped, but the problem wasn't that he never expected being slapped ... it was that Urd, the student council president did. Such a surreal feeling, it was better than a punch I guess, Yuu clutches the side of his face in surprise. "He's not in your league. This is a simple warning, Yuichiro ..." 

"Please, stay away from Mikaela." 

❀ ❀ ❀        

Words: 682