Mother Natures Child

A/N

This was super rushed but here ya go

A boy, no older than 18, glanced around himself, studying the forest that surrounded his being. He felt so at peace here. The blood that flowed in his veins had a natural attraction to the tall, thin trees that lined his backyard. It was like his very soul whispered to him and tempted his body to come here.

Mitch knew this place very well. It was one of the very few places he could escape from society and its harsh realities. Here, he could truly be himself, whatever he was; he didn't care for research.

He simply stood a breathed for a second, enjoying the fresh autumn breeze that wove through the brush. When he was done, he began to undress, not wanting to rip his clothing, and folded his stuff into a neat pile.

The brown-haired teen slowly began to change his appearance once he was comfortable. First, his legs began to grow short, light brown hair that covered every inch of skin below his waist. His feet changed into dark-colored hooves that he scratched at the ground with momentarily. The hair from his waist stretched up his body a little bit, but not as thick. It was thin enough that you could still see his light skin. Lastly, a pair of antlers grew at his forehead, and a small, stubby tail poked out where his back met his bottom.

He sighed as he let himself go, his true appearance finally out after a long and tiring day.

The deer-like boy began to whistle a sweet song as he walked through the forest, watching as animals of all sorts began to stalk near him.

Birds flew up and sat on his shoulders and horns, while rabbits and doe sniffed him warily before relishing in the small caress of his hands against their soft heads. A large boa constrictor slithered up his legs and situated itself around his neck and torso. She was an old pet of his neighbors that, instead of donating or giving her away, threw her into the trees.

In the distance, he could see a grizzly bear. It was sitting like an expectant puppy, and he knew he just had to say hello.

He'd seen the same bear many times before and had even nicknamed her "Mama" due to the fact she used to have two of the cutest little cubs. The teen loved Mama very much, seeing as she was one of the friendliest creatures he'd ever met. Also, who doesn't love bears?

Whether it was because he was Mother Nature's child, or because she saw something in his odd form, Mama was always around when Mitch let his true form show. Either way, he appreciated her comforting presence and insanely soft fur.

"Hello there." He whispered softly as he reached up and laid a hand on Mama's head. He laughed as she shook her head under his hand and pressed up into his palm as if asking for him to pet her. He happily obliged and sat down beside the grizzly, tucking himself into the warmth of the animal, being careful of the snake around him.

He closed his eyes and just enjoyed being able to be so close to the beasts. He understood very well that any other human, without his assistance, would've been ripped to shreds at this point, which only made the experience so much better.

When he opened his eyes, he saw the animals that had followed him earlier were now sitting patiently around him and Mama. The rabbits were curled up in pairs with the does and the birds were tweeting from low branches, giving him an overwhelming sense of calm. He felt as if the animals were his family.

He felt like nothing could hurt him here, that his nonhuman family would protect him from the evils of hunters and predators of the like. He felt like Mama would always be there to hold him after a particularly grueling day, the doe would be there to give him silent advice while the rabbits and birds picked at his fur and hair, and the snake could give him the comfort of protection

He could stay in this spot forever, just enjoying the presence of nature surrounding his heart, its roots digging deep into his flesh and solidifying its presence in his soul. He wished he could sink into the ground and live in this harmony until he died, never having to feel the weight of existence again.

One day. He thought to himself, Maybe one day.

He sighed and let himself fall into a light slumber.

A/N

I had a really strong urge to write something where Mitch had horns but I wasn't in the mood to write about demons and dark shit.

Vote and comment, I guess.