Prolouge

Have you ever felt the unwavering conviction for revenge? This was my feeling now, sitting down in a prison cell inside a House Nekros stronghold. None of my House was coming for me, nor my Kell. They didn’t care. Without my Ghost, I didn’t matter to them anymore. I looked at my hands, shaking with rage, stripped of all I had except armor, inside these stone walls and metal bars, the feeling of helplessness killing me inside. I had cried many tears, my eyes were dry forevermore. I had sat in this corner of the cell for three weeks.
    I stood up and paced my cell. I had known Fallen hated me for being a human and raised by their own. I knew. I didn’t know, however, that they would go this far to break me. My body was running on Light at this point. A dreg hurried past. Back when my armor clock was working, I found that this particular dreg ran by at 5:30 PM. This was the only time of the day I knew at this point. From his particular run it was clear to me that he was late for dinner. A watch on his left hand indicated his right hand was dominant. As he ran past he always stole a glance at the watch, as if he was unfamiliar with it. It was a familiar watch. One taken off of a piece of armor. His armor clock was standard issue, probably taken off of one of the newbie Guardians who died all the time. Everything else blurred together with the boredom of this cell. After five more paces I sat down, defeated, and drifted off to sleep.