Bonus Chapter: Elise and Adam's Date

Start from the beginning

"Positive," she said, smiling. She was still nervous, but his happiness about the matter calmed her somewhat.

"You're not disappointed?" she asked.

Adam wondered what she saw when she looked in the mirror.  How could she disappoint anyone?  

"Um, not at all," Adam said, his voice catching in his throat.

Elise smiled, settling into her seat.  "I feel kind of stupid," she said, blushing.

"Why?" Adam asked.  He couldn't for the life of him figure out why Elise would feel stupid on a date with him.  He was a nerd, through and through.  On top of that, he had slept with her brother's ex-girlfriend during a drunken one night stand.  What more could he have done wrong?  And she still showed up for their date?  Wow.

"Because now you know it's me," she said.

"And you know it's me," Adam said.  "You aren't thinking you made a huge mistake right now?  I mean, we're not exactly on a level playing field.  You could do so much better than me."

Her cheeks went from a light rose to a deep crimson.  Adam wonderend why.

"Well, truthfully, I've known it was you all along," she explained.

Adam was taken aback.  Then he remembered.  Leesy had helped him set up his account.  They had been hanging out together while Em was on one of her animal charity events.  He'd been complaining that he needed a girlfriend, and she had offered to help him start online dating.  

"You helped me set mine up," Adam said, so quietly he was difficult to hear.  

Elise heard him, though.  "I was having a dry spell in my dating life, and I thought I'd give it a try, too.  When I went on, everyone seemed like a dud.  Then I remembered your username, and checked out your profile.  I realized you and I were actually a pretty decent match.  I didn't want you to be weirded out, or run away screaming because it was me.  I felt so awkward, yet I was drawn to you.  Emailing and messaging you helped me to see more of you than ever before.  I really liked what you had to offer."

Adam was stunned.  Why did it seem like she was apologizing for her actions?  He was ecstatic that she had chosen him.  

"That's amazing," he said, not able to take his eyes off the girl sitting across from him.

"Not really," she said, smiling sheepishly.

Adam reached out his hand and placed it over hers on the table.  Elise was shocked that he'd touched her, but remained still.  Her hand was tingling from his touch, and she didn't want to scare him off.

"I've always thought you were nice, and pretty, and...." Adam began.

"You don't have to humor me," Elise interrupted.

Adam squeezed her hand without realizing it.  Sparks shot through his arm.  He wondered how far this date would go before something ruined it.

"I'm not humoring you.  Why did you even come?  I'm a nobody, and I slept with Ellie, and she might be pregnant, and I'm ugly.  From where I sit, you have the upper hand."

Butterflies fluttered all around Elise's stomach.  She couldn't ever remember feeling so self-conscious around a guy before, but she was trembling with nervousness.  

"You are not a nobody," she began.  She had loved him for so long.  She had to listen to him complain about being single, all the while willing to make that problem go away.  She wasn't going to let this Ellie mishap change her mind.  She knew Adam was the right guy for her.  She only hoped she was the right girl for him.  

She continued, "You are one of the nicest, most loving people I know.  I'm willing work through this whole incident with Ellie if you are.   Also, when I look at you, I see anything but ugly.  I've never thought of you as ugly.  Ever."

Her eyes were focused directly on him, her expression serious.  Adam could have jumped for joy.  She actually liked him.  How could he have been so blessed?  Especially after all the stupid things he'd done lately.

The conversation over dinner consisted of reassurances from both of them that they were actually attracted to each other.   After that got old, and they were somewhat convinced that the attraction was mutual, they went on to discuss a few other topics, like college, majors, family, and friends.  They avoided discussing Ellie and Em.  

Elise felt that it would be a much more successful date if nothing more was said about Ellie.  She also steered clear of discussing Em, for fear that she might slip and tell Adam about Drew and Em.  She wanted them to go public, but respected their decision to keep it low key until Em was back home.  

At the end of the date, Adam paid and the two walked out to the parking lot together, awkwardly hand in hand.  Once outside, Adam realized that she had parked right beside him.  He smiled.  They were standing between their cars, and Adam knew it was now or never.  As their conversation hit a lull, Adam slowly leaned forward.  He put his hand behind Elise's back and pulled her toward him as his nose, then finally, his lips met hers.  He couldn't believe how a simple kiss could bring so much life to every part of his body.  

Elise was in heaven.  At first, she was too nervous to respond to his kiss.  When it didn't stop him, her lips came alive.  Her lips moved sensuously over his, and she pulled him closer to her.  They kissed until both of them needed to breathe, then broke apart, staring into each others' eyes.

"That was nice," Elise said, continuing to stare at him.  Because she'd dreamed about a moment like this for years, she was trying to verify that this was the real thing.

"Want to go for a second?" Adam asked, smiling down at her, his wild hair falling into his eyes.

"Can we involve our tongues this time?" Elise asked, shocked by how easy she had asked such a question.

"You betcha," Adam said, crashing his lips to hers one more time. 

The kiss felt awkward to both of them, and ended up being kind of sloppy, but it didn't stop either of them from reveling in the feeling of having their tongues inside each others' mouths.  They continued for a little longer than either of them was comfortable, but neither of them was able to pull themselves away.  After a few minutes, they managed to break apart, panting.  

"I think we've gone far enough for a first date," Adam said, backing up a step.

"You're such a gentleman," Elise said.  "You're right, though."

Adam reached out, taking Elise's hand in his.  

"This was really nice.  If you'd like to do it again sometime, I'm all for it," he said, a hint of uncertainty creeping into his voice.

"I would love to see you again," Elise said, giving him one last kiss on the cheek.

Adam got into his car, unable to stop smiling.  He couldn't believe that Elise Rangle, a beautiful and slightly older woman, was interested in him.  

Elise sat in her car, on overload.  He kissed her, and he tasted marvelous!  She wanted to keep on kissing him, but knew he was being a gentleman.  She certainly wasn't going to push the issue.  He liked her, and she liked him.  They would get around to everything else when the time was right.  

********************************************************************************************************************

Please vote and/or comment.  I hope you enjoyed their date.  Maybe somewhere down the line, I'll give you another glimpse of their interactions.  Let me know what you thought.....please.  I always feel awkward writing in 3rd person omnisicent.  Thanks again!!