Chapter Four : The Triwizard Tournament

Comenzar desde el principio

Angelina noticed him, standing on the side of the entrance. She seemed surprised, but a warm smile soon appeared on her face. Katie waved at him with a smile as a greeting.

"Elias!" she exclaimed with warmth in her voice as she came closer. "What are you doing here?"

Elias had a small laugh.

"Well, I'll be working at Hogwarts this year," he proudly announced.

"Really?" Angelina asked. Was she impressed? Or just surprised? Elias did not know. He only knew that he loved the way the girl smiled at him.

"Yeah, I'm helping out Professor Sprout and Professor Snape," continued Elias.

"Woah, that's cool! I'm glad that they finally recognised your talent."

"Yeah," said Elias with a small laugh, passing a hand in his hair. He could've spent an eternity with Angelina. But now was not the time. They'd have plenty of time to talk later.

"Sorry Elias, but we gotta go," spoke up Katie without any mean intentions, "I don't wanna be late to the feast. See you later!"

"Yeah, I understand," answered Elias with a smile.

"Bye bye!" waved Angelina.

Elias couldn't believe it. She had been happy to see him! He'd been somewhat scared that Angelina didn't care about him anymore, as she had not sent him any letters this summer. But this moment, this greeting, had gone well! Even Kathie seemed pleased to see him. Maybe he wasn't as hated as he thought he was. Maybe it was just the Weasley Twins and Professor Snape messing with his mind.

"We're almost done," noted Argus, interrupting Elias' thoughts.

The young man stupidly smiled at his father, who just rolled his eyes. Elias laughed. He felt ridiculously glad that everything had gone okay.

He took a deep breath before looking at the last few students coming to the castle. He recognised a few of them: there was Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Neville something. They were famous for stopping dangerous threats from harming students. Harry Potter himself was extremely famous: he'd survived the attack of the Dark Lord and killed him, but lost the three other members of his family in the process.

"Are we done?" asked Elias when the last carriage had carried off in the distance.

"Yes," answered his father.

They escorted the last of the students to the Great Hall. Argus had made sure to lock the doors. Suddenly, a student slipped and fell down on the ground. Her friends caught her before she hurt hersefl. Elias noticed the large puddles of water on the floor.

"Peeves..." he heard his father whisper angrily.

As expected, the ghost appeared over their heads, laughing his head off. He had a water balloon in his hands. He grinned and threw it at the Ravenclaw girls. They screamed. Luckily, Peeves missed and it crashed on the floor.

Argus took the attack personally. He let go of Ms Norris and started insulting the Poltergeist. Elias, knowing that his father had the situation under control, as their arguing could last literally hours without seeing the end of it.

"Come on," he pushed the girls forward. Thankfully, they weren't too wet. It was probably not the case for whoever had passed before them. Frankly, they'd been idiots to think that Peeves would obey any orders. He liked to wreak havoc too much to let this opportunity go.

As he waited close to the Great Hall for the first years, Elias caught himself staring inside the room. It was so exciting! Finally, the Welcoming Feast was starting. They were only missing the first years. The brouhaha of the Great Hall made him excited. This was way too much. The young man wished he could've been part of it. Oh, what he'd given to be one of the students sitting at their house's table! He almost laughed at his own childishness. Oh, how his father would've been exasperated by his demeanor.