Chapter VII: The Akatsubaki

Start from the beginning

"Dangerous," Sam said with a serious tone.

"Yeah," I said softly.

"I need you to watch out for her," Sam said with a serious tone.

I don't reply but nod.

"Okay! The fitting is all done now," Tabane said, she swiped her hand down, making the hologram disappear, and the wires retracted from the armor; going under her skirt. "That was suuuper fast, I did great, huh?" Tabane said excitedly.

"Well take it out for a test run," Tabane said turning to Houki, "Try flying it, it should move exactly as you imagine it will," said Tabane.

"Okay," Houki said, "I'm ready to give it a shot," she said in a serious tone.

'Vert, could you try just focusing on Houki when she starts flying,' I thought it my link with Vert.

'Roger that,' Vert said.

Houki closed her eyes, she lifted off the ground and hovered for a while. Then with a loud bang, she blasted off in the air.

A hologram appeared in front of my eyes, I was following Houki around. A circular hologram appeared over my right eye, zooming in on Houki as she flew around.

"Okay, that's really fast," Rin whispered next to Charlotte.

"So that's speed of a fourth-generation?" Charlotte said in awe.

"What do you think, Houki-chan? It moves better than you thought, doesn't it?" Tabane said.

"Yeah, I guess," Houki's voice was heard over comms. Houki was doing zig-zag motions in the air, trying out the flying capabilities.

It wasn't going faster than me, however, it was still quite fast.

"Try using the swords next," Tabane said through the comms, "The one on the right is Amaduki, and on the left is Karaware, I'm sending you the weapon specs!" she said.

A hologram appeared in front of her and she started typing away.

Houki deployed two swords and came to a stop.

"Amaduki, ready?" Houki said looking at her right sword. She was holding the swords in an 'X' formation. She swung Amaduki to the right.

Four bright red lasers appeared as she completed her swing, dispersing the clouds above her.

"Holy..." Houki said in awe.

"That was very nicely done," Tabane said with a proud look, nodding her head. "And now you can try dealing with these next," Tabane said, pointing her right index finger to the sky.

A SAM Missile launcher appeared next to her, that fired off sixteen ground-to-air missiles in succession.