He brightened up considerably at that, his grin contagious.

"Is that a promise?"

_

"I thought you said he was the one less likely to hex on sight." Draco groaned lightly, letting his head hang back. He held a cloth to his nose as he pinched it, trying to stop the blood. I grimaced weakly.

"Well, I wasn't wrong. He didn't use his wand."

"You're right. He used his fist." Draco said, wincing as I pressed a cold pack onto the bruise on his cheek. "That's much better."

"At least your nose isn't broken." I sighed with a grimace. "Not that that would be difficult to fix. But still."

"It's the thoughts that counts, right?" He said, then when I nodded he rolled his eyes. "Bullshit."

"Oh, shut it and keep pressing the pack to your face." I said, sipping at the last of my polyjuice potion. I crinkled my nose up in distaste as it slid down my throat, leaving me feeling slightly queasy. Draco made a small snort of laughter before groaning in pain, hanging his head defeat. I smiled amusedly, setting the potion down. I was sure I didn't look like myself anymore, and it was funny to me that neither did Draco. So different. But it was us all the same. Us. I was glad to be part of an us again.

"Let me see your nose." I said as I leaned over, pulling his hand away. He groaned in faint protest as did so, leaning up slightly for a better look. He stared back at me reproachfully as I inspected his nose, using the cloth to wipe away some of the blood. It would definitely be bruised later.

"This may come as a shocker," I began with an amused smile, setting the cloth down beside us. "But you're gonna live."

"And here I thought it was fatal." He scoffed, rolling his eyes as I grinned. I nearly shrieked though when he stood up, picking me up with him. I clung to his shoulders quickly, hiding my face in his shirt as nausea swept through me from the sudden movement.

"You could warn me next time."

"Maybe don't be such a smartass next time." He suggested, his voice quiet against my ear.

"You love me." I said back, pulling away to stare at him with a sly smile. He smirked back, eyes dark. Under the polyjuice potion, I could very much see my Draco. My Draco, very much alive. The thought made me smile even as he leant down, his lips pressing to mine.

_

I was walking down the halls later, making my way back to the safety of the Gryffindor common room. I was very aware of the fact that I had on a boy's shirt, raggedy, blood-stained jeans and no shoes, but it was my luck that I had yet to run into anyone yet. I wasn't quite sure how to explain my two-day disappearance yet, nor quite ready.

"Alecia?" Neville's voice was filled with surprise as I turned a corner, and I looked over as my best friend approached, eyes wide and arms already outstretched. I smiled in relief, falling into them and hugging him back tightly.

"Hey, Neville."

"Are you alright? I heard what happened, with the Carrows, and the whip-"

"Yeah, I know. My back is pretty scratched up- I can have Luna look at it later if need be. But I'm okay. A little shaken. Little tired. But okay." I said with a soft smile, before remembering something. I looked up at him with a frown. "You punched my boyfriend."

"At the time, I did not know he was your boyfriend."

"But-"

"I still would have punched him if I had known, yes. Is Malfoy really Thatcher?"