being able to love yourself

CHAPTER 16

"I want to be with my daddy again everything reminds me of him, moving on is never an easy thing to do the pain is too real there is not a day that I don't think about him. I miss him every single day." Says Kelly. "It is never easy to lose someone you love time will heal all wounds he's looking over you watching every move you make he would not want you to give up on your life's journey. You have to remember the good times and hold on to your memories of his life may not exactly be the same without him, but you have to stay strong and make him continue to smile down on you with pride." "Thank you, and your right life is not the same without him, every day I'm without him is a struggle, he was one of my best friends, and he left me just like that." "It was an accident an accident you could not prevent its ok to cry let it out you are not alone people lose loved ones every day. It's ok." Kelly was in a therapy session with her therapist Tiffany. "I thank you for everything you have done for me." Says Kelly. "This is not going to be the last time you're going to see me I have signed on to be a part of your outpatient treatment. You will have weekly sessions with me when you come to see the nutritionist as well as the grief and eating disorder support groups you're going to be attending to help keep you on track." "I get to stay with you that's awesome." Says Kelly wiping her tears away. "Thank you so much, give me a hug." So they hug and then Kelly walks out of the office to see that her mom, Lizzie, and Morgan are there to pick her up that next weekend. It was Sunday afternoon to be exact. The real test begins now that she is going home. We wake and bury my father it has been hard, but I am managing. Even though he is not here with me, physically he always and forever will be in my heart mind and soul. I attended a little bit of summer school to complete my junior year of high school that I missed because of my eating disorder. September rolls around and Lizzie gave birth to my baby nephew Steven Andrew Mastrangelo after my dad. She also got a restraining order against her abusive boyfriend.

I am back working in the coffee shop, and I am applying to colleges for culinary arts whereas you have to have a degree to be a baker. Life is right I'm working on myself in positive and healthy ways I am back, and better than ever I am finally living the life I have always wanted I now have confidence and pride in myself.

After you have experienced an eating disorder and a distorted mindset as far as food and eating is concerned, you soon realize that your beautiful and upbeat personality is what attracts people the most. When the day comes that you can dance like no one is watching is when you stop learning to care what others think about you because its what you feel about yourself that matters most and as long as you can manage a healthy weight then the number on the scale is just a number.