The Abandoned 12

The Abandoned

Chapter 12:

Well Today Was Monday. The Day. The Day That I Hoped Everything Would Change. The Day That I Actually Stood Up To My Own Brother. I Was Afraid But Not Anymore. Today I Was A New Person. The Sun Was Shining Bright In My Face. I Covered It With My Blanket. My Alarm Was Ringing Louder Than Ever. I Tapped It To Stop. I Rubbed My Eyes, Squinted Then Fully Opened Them. I Took A Quick Morning Shower, Got Dressed, Put My Shoes On And Was Ready To Head To The Bus Stop. Mason Beat Me Downstairs. I Grabbed An Apple From The Countertop And Was Headed For The Door. Mom Stopped Me Dead In My Tracks. As In She Blocked The Doorway. "To School? Where Else Would I Go At 6:30 In The Morning?", I Asked. "Don't Get Smart With Me. You're Not Walking To That Bus Stop Today. Mason I Want You To Take Her To And From School Okay?", She Said As She Turned Towards Him. "Whatever.", He Replied. "What? Why? No, Mom I Want To Walk", I Pleaded. "Not Today You Aren't. Maybe I'll Have Him Drive You To School The Whole Week", She Added. "But!-" "No Buts She Interrupted. Now Get A Move On Before You're Late.", She Said. I Sighed. I Threw My Apple Away, Mason Grabbed His Keys And We Walked Out The Door. He Opened My Side Door For Me. I Got In. He Opened His Door And Entered As Well. He Started His Engine And Our House Was Now Out Of Sight. We Were In Complete Silence For A While. Then He Finally Talked. "You Know, I'm Doing This Because I Care.", He Said. I Just Stared Out The Window As I Listened To His Lies. "I'm Doing This For Us." He Placed His Hand On My Leg. I Slapped It Away. He Gave Me This Dirty Look. "So That's How You Want It To Be Huh?", He Asked. I Remained Silent. "Alright. Wanna Play Games? We'll Play It The Hard Way." He Pulled Over And Stopped The Car By The Woods. He Got Out Of His Side, Came To Mine And Opened My Door. I Fell Out. He Picked Me Up By My Neck And Pinned Me Up To The Nearest Tree. "Go On. Smack My Hand Now Bitch", He Yelled. I Gasped For Air. "Come On! Since You Think You're So Tough. Do It, I Dare You!", He Continued. My Face Began To Turn Purple. He Finally Let Go Of My Neck. I Fell Down On The Ground Coughing And Coughing. Mason Looked At Me. "That's What I Thought", He Said. He Spit Next To Me, Got In His Car And Drove Off. I Was Left There Alone Gasping For Breath. My Head Was Spinning And I Could Barely Stand Up. School Was About A Mile From Here. I Had To Walk The Rest Of The Way. And I Cried The Whole Way There. I Finally Reached School. There Were No Kids In The Parking Lot. I Was Late. I Walked Through The School Doors And The Secrtary Gave Me A Pass To Class. She Gave Me Detention. I Groaned. The Back Of My Head Hurt Like Hell. I Felt It. It Was Wet. And When I Looked Down In My Hands, It Was Blood.