The Abandoned 8

The Abandoned

Chapter 8:

At This Point I Was Terrified. Did I Just Defend Him? Why Am i Protecting Him? These Were Questions I Couldn't Even Answer. They Were Racing Through My Head Like Crazy. "Unlock The Door, I'm Coming In", Sam Said. Mason Gave Me 'The Look'. He Got Up And Hid Behind The Shower Curtain. Once He Was Behind, I Got Up And Opened The Door. "My God Are You Okay? What Happened? Your Parents Are Down There Unconscious", He Rushed Up To Me And Gave Me A Tight Hug. "I Know, I'm Alright. I Was Taking A Shower And The Lights Cut Off. The Ceiling Fan Fell On Them." I Assured Him. "Wait, How Would You Know If The Ceiling Fan Fell On Them If You Were Locked Up Here In The Dark?", He Asked. His Face Got Serious. My Stomach Turned. I Didn't Know What To Say. "Nevermind That, I'm Just Glad That You're Fine", He Said. He Came In For Another Hug But I Dodged It. "I'm Gonna Put Some Clothes On. Do Me A Favor And Check And See If My Parents Are Okay K?", I Asked. Sam Nodded His Head And Headed Downstairs. I Walked To My Room And Shut The Door. My Head Was Throbbing. My Hair Was Wet Still So I Threw It Up In A Bun. I Grabbed One Of My Old T-Shirts And Slipped On A Pair Of Pajama Pants. I Heard A Knock On My Door. "Jen Your Parents Are Fine. Their Head Has Just A Bit Of Swelling. But They Should Be Awake Within The Hour. I Layed Them Both Across The Couch.", Said Sam. "Can I Go Use Your Bathroom For A Sec?", He Asked. "Uh Yeah Sure.", I Replied. I Threw Myself Across My Bed. A Lot Of Thoughts Ran Through My Head. "Oh My God, Mason's Still In The Shower!", I Thought. Sam Was In There Too. I Heard A Big Crash In The Bathroom. "Sam! Stop! Don't", I Yelled. I Ran Out Of My Room And I Banged On The Bathroom Door. It Finally Opened. "Sam No!-", I Stopped. "Don't What?", He Asked. He Was Washing His Hands. I Noticed Soap On The Floor. "Sorry I Dropped, The Soap Diapenser", He Said. That Must've Been The Noise. My Face Was Red. "Gosh Jen What's Your Problem?" "Nothing It's Just I Thought You And..Forget It. The Noise Just Startled Me.", I Said. Sam Gave Me This Weird Look And Left The Bathroom. I Ran And Quickly Opened The Shower Curtains. Mason Was Gone. I Looked For Him To See If He Was In His Room. He Wasn't There Either.