The Abandoned 10

The Abandoned

Chapter 10:

My Heart. I Felt Like It Was About To Burst Right Out Of Chest. I Told Him That Mom And Dad Were Awake And That They Wanted To See Him Immediately. He Nodded And Gestured Me To Go Away. I Slammed His Door Shut. I Knew Sam Wouldn't Just Up And Leave Me Like That. And That Gun. Where Did He Get It From? Where Was He Hiding It? And Worse Of All What Was He Planning To Do With It. I Walked Back Downstairs. "He Should Be Down In A Minute", I Told Mom. "Sweetheart Your Face Looks So Flushed", My Mom Said. I Just Wish They Would Leave Me Alone Already. It Was Late, I Was Tired And I Still Had To Figure Out How To Get Sam Out Of The Room. "You Called?", Asked Mason As He Walked Down The Stairs. "Mason Thank Goodness You're Alright!", Said Mom. She Kissed Him On His Forehead. Dad Gave Him A Firm Hug. "I Think You Should Put Some Ice On Your Forehead, Head Upstairs And Get Some Rest. It's Getting Late.", Said Mason. And So They Followed Mason Up The Creaking Stairs And Went Directly To Their Room. "Night Guys. Don't Stay Up Too Late And Keep It Down", Said Dad. They Shut Off The Hallway Light And Shut Their Door. Mason Was Headed Back In His Room. But I Stopped Him In His Tracks. "What Do You Think You're Doing?", He Asked. "Sam. Let Him Out. NOW.", I Demanded. He Laughed. "Oh Jennifer. Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer. Can't You See? You Don't Tell Me What To Do Okay? I Own You. I Tell You What To Do Got That? Because You See, I'm Stronger Than You Correct? You're 15 And I'm 16. We Make Compromises. You Give Me What I Want And I'll Give You What You Want. It's Not Rocket Science Jen", Said Mason. My Arms Were Shaking. My Fingers Wouldn't Stop Moving. And My Head Wouldn't Stop Throbbing. "What More Do You Want? You Basically Have Me Anytime. And Then Get Away With It", I Said. He Looked Into My Eyes. That's All He Did Was Just Look And Look. "I Love You. Not Just Sister Love But I Want You Jennifer. And You Know That. And I'm Not Gonna Have That Bitch Sam Come Between Us Either.", He Said. He Leaned In And Kissed Me. "And If Killing Him Is Gonna Get Him To Stay Away From Us, Then So Be It.", He Added. I Thought About The Gun. Sam Was Still In The Closet. "Mason Don't Kill Him. Just Please-", I Begged. "I Won't Talk To Him Again Ever Just Let Him Go. I'll Stop Seeing Him And.. I'll Delete Everything About Him. Just Don't Hurt Him Please.", I Cried. He Turned His Head Towards His Room And Started Walking. He Was Headed Straight For The Gun. Then He Made His Way To The Closet. The Gun Was In His Hands. He Pointed It Towards Sam's Head. "MASON NO!", I Could Barely Get The Words Out. "Shut.. Up.", He Said In A Worried Tone. He Crouched Down Next To Sam. "If You Ever Even Think About Seeing Or Making Any Type Of Contact With My Sister Again.. See This Gun?",Mason Showed Sam. A Tear Slid Down My Cheek. Sam Nodded. "And You See This Bullet? This Bullet Will Enter Your Little Tiny Head The Next Time You And Jennifer Make Contact. Do You Hear Me?", Mason Whispered To Sam. He Still Had His Mouth Taped. Mason Smiled. "Good.", He Said. He Untied Sam, Ripped The Tape From His Lips And Let Him Go. Mason Followed Behind Sam With The Gun Pointed To The Back Of His Head. "I Won't Be Seeing You Again, Will I?" Mason Asked Sam. He Shook His Head 'No'. I Slipped Sam A Quick Hug While Mason Was Turned Away. And After That Sam Was Out The Door. Never To Return Again. Mason Faced The Gun Towards Me. "And You," He Started. "Promise Me You'll Never See Him Again." I Shook My Head 'Yes' And Said "I Promise." He Kissed Me One Last Time And Headed Up The Stairs In The Room Leaving Me In The Kitchen. I Headed Straight Up To Mine As Well. That Night I Cried Myself To Sleep. I Promised Mason That I Would Never See Sam Again. But The Thing Is... I Was Lying.