The Abandoned 5

The Abandoned

Chapter 5:

I Screamed Then I Bit His Arm. I Had Enough Time To Get Away. I Ran Into The Bathroom And Slammed The Door Shut. "Open Up The Door!", Mason Yelled. He Kept Pounding And Pounding On The Door, But I Had Locked It. He Threw His Body Up Against The Door, I Could Tell, To See If He Could Bust The Door Down, But There Was No Use. About 7 Minutes Later Everything Stopped. The Pounding, The Screaming, EVERYTHING. It Sounded Completely Quite In The House Now. I Sat In The Bathtub. I Wasn't Going Out There Yet. I Knew As Soon As I Unlocked The Door He Would Be There. Waiting For Me. I Got Up And Splashed Some Cold Water On My Face. It Looked Like The Cut On My Lip Had Gotten Worse. So Worse, That In Fact It Even Hurt To Talk. Suddenly I Heard A Door Slam. "Jen?" A Voice Called Out. It Was Mom. She Was Finally Home. Those 30 Minutes Felt Like 30 Hours. I Unlocked The Door And Ran Down The Stairs. There She Was Unpacking The Groceries. "MOM!", I Cried. I Ran Up And Squeezed Her. I Just Wanted To Get Out Of The House. She Laughed. "Aha Wow I've Never Seen You So Happy. You Act As If I'd Been Gone Forever.", Said Mom. She Was Talking For A While, Then The Bruises On My Arm Caught Her Attention. "Jennifer What Happened Now? First Your Lip And Now This? Is There Something You're Not Telling Me?", She Said As She Examined My Arm. "Well Mom ", I Started. I Was Gonna Tell Her But Then I Thought Mason Could Be Watching Or Listening To Me At Any Point. "Me And Mason Were Sorta Playing Around And I Hit My Arm On The Edge Of The Table. That's How I Got The Bruise", I Managed To Say. "Listen You Gotta Be More Careful Jen. We Don't Want You To Walk Out Of This House Full Of Bruises. People Could Think We're Abusing You", She Said. I Sighed And Nodded. If Only She Knew. I Grabbed My Jacket And Headed For The Door. "I'll Be Back In A Bit. I'm Going Over Sam's.", I Told My Mom. And With That Said I Left. Moments Later I Was Standing In Front Of His House. I Texted Him To Let Him Know I Was Outside. "Jennifer!",He Yelled. "What Brings You Here So Late?". He Invited Me In. "Whoa What Happened To Your Lip?" He Asked Touching It. "Don't Worry About It. It Was Just An Accident." I Said. It Hurt So Much To Talk. He Could See It In My Eyes. "Seriously Jen, What Really Happened? That Cut On Your Lip Doesn't Look Like An 'Accident' ", He Said. He Stared At Me. "Who Did This?", He Asked. I Just Sat There Quietly. "Was It Mason?", I Flinched At The Sound Of His Name. "It Was Him Wasn't It?". I Looked At Him, And Slowly Nodded. He Grabbed My Hand And Got Up. "Come On", He Told Me. "What? What Are You Doing?", I Asked. "We're Going To Your House. I'm Going To Fight Him." His Fists Were Clenched. "No! You Can't!", I Yanked My Hands Away From His. "If You Say ANYTHING And I Mean ANYTHING, God Knows What He'll Do.", I Cried. "Please Just Shuttup About It. Forget I Even Told You". He Opened Up Both Of His Hands, Grabbed My Jaw And Kissed Me. Firmly. "Jennifer I Love You. And If You Want Me To Leave It Alone Then.." "I Will." He Said. I Knew He Was Lying But I Wasn't Worried About That At The Moment. Me And Sam Had Been Best Friends Since The 1st Grade And Only Now He Expressed His Feelings For Me? He Got Up To Hug Me And Then I Headed Home.