The Abandoned 2

The Abandoned

Chapter 2:

I Sat There Curled Up In Silence On My Bed. My Lip Was Gushing Out Blood. I Took One Of My Rags On The Floor And Touched It To My Lip Until It Stopped Bleeding. I Felt Like Every Part Of Me Was Bruised. I Went Downstairs To Get Me A Glass Of Water. Mason Was In The Kitchen With Mom. I Was Gonna Go Back Upstairs But Mom Noticed Me. "Jennifer Anne Get Over Here Now!" She Called Out. She Sounded Mad. I Aimed My Way Towards Her. "Jennifer What In God's Name Happened To Your Lip?", She Said As She Removed The Rag. Mason Shot A Look Towards Me. A Look That Meant If I Said Anything About What He Did, He Would Do Just As Worse. "Uh I Uh.. ", I Stuttered. I Didn't Know What To Say. "I Fell When I Was Running.", I Managed To Say. Mason Kept Looking At Me. I Looked At Him. "Stay Here I'll Be Right Back", Said Mom. Mason Inched His Way Towards Me. He Put A Knife Up To His Lips And Let Out A Quite "Shh". "Here Put This On Your Lip, It'll Help The Swelling Go Down". It Was Mom. She Came Back With An Icepack. Mason Finally Left The Kitchen. I Went To Go Sit On The Couch. "Mason Go Get Jennifer A Glass Of Water!" What Was She Doing? I'm Fine. I Didn't Need Anything To Drink. "Mom No, I Really Dont-" "Jen Don't Argue.", She Interrupted. About 6 Minutes Later Mason Arrived With A Tall Glass Of Water. I Took A Quick Sip. Then Another And Another. The Glass Was Finally Empty. I Turned On The Tv. Nothing Good Was On. I Ended Up Stopping On "The Twilight Zone". I Yawned. I Looked At The Clock. It Was Only 6:38. For Some Reason I Felt Tired. I Yawned Again And Again And Again. My Eyes Began To Feel Heavier And Heavier. Now They Started To Close And Soon I Was Passed Out.