Chapter 4

With the care from Mr and Mrs Romano, and Max as a new friend to talk to, Amy's condition got better in no time. She came back to home within 3 days. Doctors advised her to take rest and not to undergo any kind of stress, and above all to take care of her daily schedule.

Even after coming home, Mr and Mrs Romano took care of her like their own child and Max used to talk to her for hours. He used to make her laugh, make her happy and to sometimes even used to sing her to sleep. Amy wasn't used to so much of love. She didn't like that she was hiding things from Mr and Mrs Romano when they were showing her so much of love. She many times thought of telling Mrs Romano about Max but she never did. She couldn't understand what was stopping her from telling them. Amy many times asked Max why he wanted to be her friend, Max never told her anything, he always dodged the question, and after sometime, eventually Amy stopped asking him the same too.

Time flew and Amy's art exhibition date in Sardinia came closer. Although she had everything planned, but still she couldn't control herself from taking stress. When it comes to her exhibitions, she has this habit to have a control all the arrangements. One day, she asked Max to come to Sardinia with her but Max refused with stupid excuses. Max never shared much about himself with Amy, he was always the secretive type and now Amy was used to it. She didn't force him to come with her knowing it won't be of any use with him. Although, as promised earlier, Mr and Mrs Romano was going to Sardinia with her. She was very happy and excited to have them with her. Everything went great till the day of the exhibition. Amy was really happy that everything was turning out fine.

On the day of exhibition, everything was going perfectly fine. People came from all over the city to see her work and they all praised her. People were putting bids on her paintings to buy them. Amy was really happy with everything when she received a call, she went out to take the call. It was an owner of a different Art Gallery who was interested in organising her next exhibition at his gallery. She told the owner that she will get in touch with him after sometime and will discuss the terms with him.

While talking to the owner, Amy noticed some kids playing basketball nearby on a ground. As she was walking back inside, she suddenly saw the ball coming towards her face and out of reflexes, Amy put her hand up to stop the ball. She expected that the ball will hit her hand and she was ready for a jerk, but something very strange happened, the ball stopped right there in middle of the air as soon as she put her hand up. Amy got shocked to see that. Again, then as she pulled her hand down, the ball fell on ground too in such a way that it looked like Amy was controlling the ball.

 Her heartbeat raised drastically, she got very scared. She noticed the kids looking at her like she is some freak. Amy ran back inside and tried to keep up a straight face. She had never experienced anything like that before. She went to the washroom, washed her face with a lot of water but the scene wouldn't leave her mind. Amy was unable enjoy the exhibition anymore. Mrs Romano understood that something is wrong with her and she asked Amy if everything is alright. Amy lied to Mrs Romano with a straight face. She didn't have the guts to tell anyone what did just happen.

By the end of the exhibition, many of her sketches and paintings were sold and she earned a good amount of money. She tried to look happy with the response she received and thanked everyone from the gallery for making it a success. But Amy wanted right now was to go home, to go to Max and tell him what just happened.She knew only Max will believe her. She was dying to go  back.

At some other realm

Unknown Voice: You need to stop doing this?

Max: I am sorry but I wanted to protect her

Unknown Voice: She is the one who can help you to avenge your death and set you free.

Max: Should I then tell her then that.............................

Unknown Voice: Not yet.

Max: She has every right to know the truth...

Unknown Voice: The correct time for that shall come as well.

Suspense yummy.....

Like it? Vote it...