Chapter 26: Enter Honey Bean Cake and Grim Dumpling

Start from the beginning

"Hahahaha! Now do you see how strong I've become. I managed to over power you with this magical treasure! It's a matter of time before you run out of inner strength!" His piercing, maniacle voice was not music to my ears. We continued in that deadlock stance with him swinging his spear at me, while I stood my ground blocking his attacks. From the audiences' view, it looks like I was the one losing. Anyone would back down after seeing those powerful swings from his giant spear. They could see that with each strike of the spear, my clothes slowly ripped and tattered. My head lay low in the shadows of my defending arms, seemingly unmoving and lifeless. But what the audience didn't know was that with each powerful strike, Tashida Makoto's frustrations only grew. He waited for my inner strength to falter, but contrary to his believe, he sensed my power flow kept steady and powerful. This got him panicking and desperate.

With one great puff, Tashida Makoto readied himself for a finishing blow to finish me off. He jumped in the air, taking his giant spear with him. The air around him trembled when his spear began to glow gold and yellow. The momentum carried his spear straight towards me, its blade piercing against my arms. This all happened in one quick movement, and the air around the audience grew heavy and tense.

Once his spear hit my wall of inner strength, it created a blast of smoke wide enough to cover the huge arena. I still maintained my defensive stance behind the cloud of smoke, smirking and waiting. Unknown to him, I was very much alive and still in. I was not planning to lose at all, especially to him. After all, I did make a promise.

When the smoke finally lifted, our two figures were revealed to the audience who burst into cheers and shouts. Tashida Makoto stood stunned seeing that I had survived his powerful attack. His body shook in horror at the realization of how strong one must be to withstand such an attack.

"Y-y-you! H-how are y-you alive!" He stuttered quitely. I finally lifted my face into the light and revealed the smirk hidden in the shadows before. My clothes ripped and tattered. My hair loose from its ponytail was messy and wild. But to the audience, I looked like a majestic creature. My whole body was engulfed in inner strength so concentrated that the eyes of non-cultivators could see it. I was literally glowing.

"I cannot believe my eyes folk! Hakku just broke through his cultivation during those series of attacks from his opponent! How did he do it?!" Having the announcer explained the situation, the already bursting crowd couldn't get much louder. The always calm judges sat agaped with wide eyes. Of course, the warlord only managed a slight eyebrow raised. Breaking through a single cultivation gate require many years of training and medidation. Yet to them, it took me a few minutes to do it. The truth is that I've been cultivating the whole time since I broke through my seventh cultivation gate.

"Don't get surprised just yet. I have much more to show you." I didn't know when it happened, but somewhere during our fight, I got all excited and nearly lost sight of my self. If not for the promise between him and I, who knows what would've happened.

Out of nowhere, Honey Bean Cake (sword) flew in like a flashing meteor from the sky. She landed on my right hand and the instant we touched, she transformed. My sword is peculiar. It is one of two swords, meaning it has a twin. However, I cannot summon her twin if Honey Bean Cake (sword) is not physically linked to me because her twin is the very manisfestation of my inner strength as a sword. My father gave them to me and he called them The Twin Swords of Suzaku, but I differ otherwise.

They are swords of legend that change its form depending on who its wielder is, and the power of their inner strength. But their ability is the always the same, fire and disintegration. Of course, its power also depend on the power of its wielder.

"Rise from within and manisfest in my hand. Lay waste upon my enemy with the threat of your name. Unleash! Grim Dumpling of Doom!" Inner strength started to swirl around my left arm and into my palm. Just like the majestic fire bird itself, Grim Dumpling rose from the ashes and into a mighty sword of flames. Both sword resonate brightly in raging red.

Everyone turned turmoil as they witnessed the unbelievable sight before them. After seeing the twin sword side by side, some started to realize what they were.

"N-no way! Those are the swords of legend! The Twin Sword of Suzaku!" It took one for the others to say,

"Eeeeeeeehhhh!"

Now that my two hands are occupied. It's time to start my counterattack.

Swords

Thank you

Thank you. Like. Enjoy!