Chapter 18: Sharing A Room With The Nemesis

"Wait! Niza-oops. I mean...why are we running?" It was Kaijin who I've dragged away forcefully and almost carried him in bride-style. The people we left all gawked at me with tremendous surprise and a little fear.

"Brother, this is for your own good. I must get you as far away from that evil man as possible!" I responded rather fiercely as I continued to drag him into the forest.  My heart ached for my dear brother who had caught the interest of that abomination of a playboy. For such a playboy, he sure leans the other way.

"Hey! Why are we even escaping anyway?! If he was bothering you, I could've done something for you." Kaijin continued to protest and resisted my oura infused arms. Of course, my arms won't budge unless he uses inner oura to move them, so instead of leaving my brother hanging I decided to explain to him instead.

"No, I mean...listen. Tashida Makoto is out to steal your heart!! And-" I was suddenly interrupted by Kaijin's hysterical laughter.

"Pfft...bwahahahahabwahahaha!! What nonsense are you talking about?!" He stopped suddenly and cracked up. I had no choice but to halt too. Two figures stood in the dark of night, one laughing their butt off and one staring stupefied.

I sighed.

"You see...back at that banquet, that...bastard said something very horrifying and tremendously disturbing to me. It's still giving me nightmares." My voice was almost down to a whisper yet, frantic at the same time.

"Ooooh...What did he say?" Kaijin asked in a mocking tone. His wide, golden eyes reflected the moonlight which made it look very ethereal indeed.

"Cut it out! This is serious! Anyway he said..." I mimicked the way that person did it and got close as I whispered these hateful words very close to Kaijin's ear.

" '...Besides, I'm rather interested in someone like your handsome brother over there' Was what he said! How could I let that happen?!" I suddenly yelled and grabbed Kaijin's collar, shaking him vehemently. My carried away self forgot that I was literally shouting into Kaijin's ear.

"Iyaah! Don't be so loud Nizana. My ears are ringing, and let me go," Kaijin said with a hand to protect his poor ears. I apologized and let go. I usually maintain a cool and calm appearance, but just thinking about, him makes me want to puke, blow something up, and set something on fire.

This time it was Kaijin's turn to sigh.

"Geez, just how slow could you be. For someone who's mastered the seventh gate at your age and peerless in the techniques of worldly martial arts, you're pretty bad at telling the difference between a bluff and fact. He and I went to the same scholar school together. Trust me, he doesn't lean that way." Kaijin shrugged his shoulders in disappointment at my slowness. His face turned like that of a fool's as if mocking me.

Meanwhile, I stood there with my eyes twitching debating whether I should be glad my brother would not be violated by that bastard or unleashing my wrath for calling me slow.

"Come on. It's nigh time already. We should head to our rooms." He started walking first leaving me behind in the dark forest.

Nightime in Prepared Dorms...
It was very nice of them to give participants a place to stay in. Unfortunately, they don't provide free food. Something about, "A true, capable warrior obtain food through their own efforts," or something like that. I have to disagree here because there are cases like my brother, who will never even know the art of cracking a simple egg without spoiling it. He will die without someone to cook for him. Luckily he has me.

The catch of free bed is...they're picked randomly. Kaijin explained to me that each participant's room is random in no particular order, but there are two dorms. The boy's dorm and the girl's dorm. Well, that means I'll live with a bunch of buff and I hope not so smelly men.

There's also a high chance I won't share the same room with Kaijin. I was fine with that because my brother is a noisy sleeper. Back home, I could hear him snoring across our huge mansion. Of course, I was the only one bothered because father's bedroom is enclosed off. The servant's house is separate from the main house. By now, I've build up tolerance for it though.

Before we parted ways, Kaijin gave me a bag of snacks he smuggled from the party.

"Make sure to eat it. Don't forget okay?" Was what he said rather stubbornly.

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks," I said lazily as Kaijin and I parted ways. Somehow the way he walked was all giddy and skippy.

"He better not go peeking on the girls...or else!" I held up my fists of furry as I whispered to myself.

Anyway...

Unleashing one's inner oura is strictly forbidden outside of the battle arena, especially inside. Breaking this rule means severe punishment for the offender(s). I guess it makes sense, especially in these types of competitive tournaments. You wouldn't want a fight to break out or die before you get to show off your skills before the renowned elders.

As I made my way towards my room, I didn't sense other's inner oura like I normally would. I could still feel their presence though. Sensing another person's presence does not require inner oura, just training. I finally arrived at the front of my room. I suddenly felt a bad omen coming. I tried to ignore it as I think of positive thoughts like diving into bed and roll around and messing up the mattress I won't fix. So without waiting I dragged the sliding door open only to find that bastard Tashida Makoto sitting on the other side of the room...

With a woman?!!!!

Whoa! What kind of joke is this? Someone must be playing on me! The shock left me frozen at the door as I stared with eyes that's about to fall off their sockets. And hereI thought that bad feeling was nothing. It was definitely something. I was SHOOK.

Dun...dun...duuuuun!

(Really sorry for the long update. I hope this was ok. I still need lots of learning to do.) see you dear readers ^_^