Chapter 19: Rivalry

"Oh my~ It seems that I've been caught Makoto," said the woman rather calmly. She slid a hand over her mouth to cover a mischievous smile. In the moments of silence that passed, I noticed the woman looked very familiar. She had on an elegant kimono that complimented her eyes and long, black hair. But before I could place my thoughts, the woman addressed me.

"You must be Makoto's roomate." The woman said. She stood up and walked towards me. I could only stand tense and silent as she moved closer.

"Stay away from him mother!" Tashida Makoto warned as he stood up quickly to pull his mother away from me.

Aha! She was from that party at the capital. No wonder she looked familiar. My mind sparked at the realization. I was surprised at how young she still looked despite having a son like him. I was just relieved it was not something else that happened here.

"That short sprout is just a mass of evil. It is better not to associate with him." Tashida Makoto was still talking ill of me to his mother. Just imagine how he'd react if he knew I was his ex-fiancee. He will only spit poison out of that fowl mouth.

"Don't be so rude Makoto! He is the most beautiful and handsome boy I've ever seen. Oh, just look at those dreamy, blue eyes. Look at his slender figure. Don't you just wish he was a girl. Oh, how great of a wife she would be!" It seems that the madam has fallen for me. Still, they were talking about me as if I wasn't there, and it sent me chills at how eerily close she was to guessing about me. Oh well, maybe a little show before bedtime would be a good idea.

"Mother, don't be so rash! Who'd ever like a crazy sprout like him." A small tick mark appeared on my forehead.

We'll see who the sprout is once I've smashed you. My inner thoughts were raging, but outside I looked calm and serene.

"He attacked me without any reason and violated a rule in the process. We should just report him so they can kick him out." He continued to blab until even his mother seemed to tire from it.

Tch...he's that upset over the little fight we had. That wasn't even warm up for me. I think it's time to end this show, shall we?

"Ahem! I hate to interrupt over your mother and son bonding time, but it's rude to talk about a person when you're in front of them. It's also my time to retire, so if you'll kindly excuse yourself..." They say the way to make them leave is to kick them out politely. I waved a fancy hand motion out towards the door.

"You! How dare you kick us out!" Tashida Makoto was pretty stubborn, but if he saw my inner rage he would think twice. I will not tolerate him disrespecting me again.

"And you, who do you think you are acting like you own this place." I responded back calmly like his words weren't bothering me, but it did bother him. I saw his face taking a shade of angry red.

"I could say the same thing for you!" We started clashing our arms together, testing who will be defeated first. Meanwhile, the madam tried to calm her son from the sidelines. It wasn't working.

"I ha-ve no idea, why they'd let some crazy sprout like you enter in the first place. Do you know who I am? Y-you'll be sorry you attacked me in front of so many people!" He retorted.

"Your identity is not my concern, but we will find out why they let me in." I know I was bluffing since no one let me in, I let myself in, but in these kinds of situations such things don't matter. I began to add a bit more strength when Tashida Makoto's face looked like thunder about to strike. He was beginning to loose foothold as I was pushing him back slowly. He was also beginning to loose self-control. No doubt he's pushing himself right now.

I was sort of disappointed because his normal strength is average. He's only strong when infused with inner oura. Since using inner oura is forbidden right now, all that's left of him is normal flesh and bones. Overpowering his noodle arms were easy. In addition to that I have excellent reflexes.

At the last moment of strength, I feigned a defeat making myself fall backwards. Obviously thinking he won, Tashida Makoto initiated an attack, with a truimphant battle cry, pushing his body towards mine.

Now! I grabbed his collar for leverage as I pushed myself upward using his falling body, rotating my body around him. I left one foot over his for my final act. Then came a heavy Thump!

Success!

"Kyaa! Makoto are you alright?" The madam rushed over to her fallen son.

"Aargh! Oh it hurts!" He was sprawling on the floor while grabbing the foot I just tripped. A foot that was not the slightest bit injured is being made a big deal of? Interesting.

"What have you done! Oh, my poor Makoto is injured. Waaaah, what will I do? He is injured, yet you are just standing there like a heartless person. This time I will have a reason to report you." Her reactions were too loud and too...easy?

I see...you mother and son actually plotted silently against me. They were going to use this fake injury against me since injuring other participants outside the fighting arena is a red strike. If they are this confident about lying to the honorable elders, someone with considerable rank must be helping them from inside. 

"Then allow me to help you," I said slowly to increase the suspense. My blue eyes turned cold as ice, yet striking as lightning.

"W-what hat are you planning?" Said the slightly trembling madam. Her hands instinctively covered the space between us as if protecting herself from an unknown danger.

"Why, a fake injury is still no good. I can help create a real one. Hehehe...come here~" My murderous intent is leaking, bleak and deadly like poison filling the room. I slowly made my way towards them while wiggling my fingers in the air. This was why I hated being with people. I might get carried away and let loose of my murderous intent.

I crept closer and closer to the mother and son duo, who was turning pale as a ghost by the second. Even if they could run away, their bodies won't move. But just when I was about a meter in front of them, my empty stomach growled like a raving beast.

~Grrr~GrrRrrrrRRrRrr!~ I suddenly felt a familiar, funny sensation coming from my stomach which turned my face red realizing how unfitting this situation was. Then I knew what was coming next...

"Ex-cuse...me~" Lights out for me and I dropped to the ground. The last thing I recalled was the bag of food Kaijin gave me. 

(Madam Tashida) This art is not mine. Very beautiful though ^_^

(I'm really sorry it took very long to update this

(I'm really sorry it took very long to update this. It's testing season for me here. Gotta study, at least I try to. FYI, the last scene here is Nizana fainting due to hunger.)

Enjoy. Like. Thank you!