The Lovely Lost

:: ::

:: ::

"When tree leaves dance, one shall find flames. The fire's shadow will illuminate the village, and once again, tree leaves shall bud anew."

-Sarutobi Hiruzen-

:: ::

Kumogakure was hidden in a range of tall mountains, clouds weaving between peaks like snakes and the air so fresh and thinning. Six thousand five hundred seventy two steps was what it took to reach its gates from the shrine at sea-level, and those who made its journey could attest to sore muscles and a peaceful climb.

And despite their shameless reputation, a Kumo-nin could be noted with three distinct features: their upstanding views on justice, their refusal to back down, and the loyalty they held not for the village but everything the village should stand for.

They never once had any particular interests in other village's individual shinobi aside from leverage and special techniques, and they knew they never would.

:: ::

"Today marks the one month mark of the Konoha team's capture, sirs," Mabui reported diligently. Her deep green eyes were alight in their depth as both A and Darui offered up their full attention. "There has not been a single attempt at escape since their capture, though the guards have noted that they each have recently started exhibiting unusual... behaviors."

"Unusual?" A repeated, throwing his arms over the back of the long red couch that served as his office seat. Darui stood just to the side, his hands in his pockets and the usual dull look on his face. Light spilled into the room from the windows that acted as most of the walls.

"Yes, Raikage-sama. It appears they are teaching themselves," she said as she glanced down at the clipboard in her arms to make sure she was understanding it correctly. "The guards hadn't been too sure they were documenting it correctly, but the opinions offered by the attending medics have confirmed that all three Konoha shinobi have been participating in some form of 'self-education'."

Darui exhaled softly. "Sounds boring." But still, his attention remained sharp as ever.

"We asked for their names in the beginning and Intel has determined that they did not lie and their identities are who they said they were, and we have been gathering information on them since," she continued. "The one in the large jacket and glasses is Aburame Shino. He has been self-mutilating his body and healing the injuries he's caused. This includes breaking bones, tearing muscle, and slashing veins. The guards have not intervened thus far, but medics come in twice a week to assure he's never near death." Mabui, in all her respectful professionalism, couldn't help the slight furrow in her brows. A and Darui exchanged startled glances. "The one with the fangs is Inuzuka Kiba and the canine is his partner, Akamaru. He has been draining blood to write seal theories on the walls. He's completely written over the floor and two of the four walls of his cell, and is halfway through the third."