11. changed

they quickly opened the door and got malia out and scott held her in his arms to try and warm her up

they sat her down on a stool and scott quickly got her a blanket, while lydia shut off the machine.

"what are you doing?" scott asked her.

"it's too dangerous. we're not going to save anyone by freezing you guys to death." lydia said.

"but i didn't go in yet." rachel said.

"we have another plan for that." lydia told her.

"but it was working, wasn't it?" malia asked.

"there was a light and a strange noise. no stiles." lydia said.

"but i remember him now. i can see him in my head." scott told them.

"so can i." malia said.

"he's more real now than he's ever been. if we can bring stiles back, we can bring everyone back." scott said.

"there's a huge difference in being a vivid memory and an actual corporeal human being." lydia said.

"i know. which is why i think it should be rachel." scott said looking over at her.

"what? but we can't use the machine." rachel told him.

"then think of something else. malias right. it's all about the connection. when i was remembering him, i was also remembering the two of you together. i don't think anyone had the connection like you guys." scott said as rachel went speechless over his words.

"i saw it, too. you have to try, rachel. like lydia said about stilinski, he wasn't just remembering someone, he was remembering his son." malia told her.

"what do you mean?" rachel asked.

"you're not just remembering someone either rach, you're remembering the one person who could bring you back from anything, the one person you felt a real connection to, he's the one person that made you turn your humanity back on." scott said.

they heard a knock on the door and they opened it to see someone they hadn't seen in a long time.

"then you're going to need my help." he said as rachel looked back at him.

"klaus." rachel said looking back at him.

"i'm going to compel you into remembering him." klaus explained.