10. visual

scott was trying to call his mom but it said that her phone number no longer existed

scott was trying to call his mom but it said that her phone number no longer existed. melissa was taken by the ghost riders.

"scott." malia said putting her hand on his shoulder and sitting down in front of him.

"scott, your mom is gone. but she's still alive." malia said turning off his phone.

"what do we do now?" liam asked.

"we can't hide from them." malia replied.

"what about lydia? the ghost rider was afraid of her." liam said.

"it wasn't fear. it's... almost like reverence." lydia explained as they all sat down at the table.

"doesn't matter. the rift is gone. we're the only ones left in beacon hills." scott said.

"we can't just give up." valerie said as liam grabbed her hand.

the two of them had lost their best friends. mason and hayden were both taken and so was corey.

"it's not over." grace said.

they heard a knock on the door making them all turn to see sheriff stilinski walking in the house and he looked over at rachel.

"i have a son." he said catching rachels attention.

"his name is mieczyslaw stilinski. but we call him stiles. i remember." he said looking at scott.

"when stiles was a little kid, he couldn't say his first name. not sure why. it pretty much rolls off the tongue. but, uh, the closest he could get was mischief. his mother called him that until... i remembered when, uh... when stiles first got his jeep." he said smiling at rachel as she smiled back.

"it belonged to his mother. she wanted him to have it. the first time when he took a spin behind the wheel, he went straight into a ditch. i gave him his first roll of duct tape that day." he said with a smile as everyone looked up at him.

"he was always getting into trouble. but he always had a good heart. always. we're here tonight because my goofball son decided to drag scott, his greatest friend in the world, and rachel, the girl he fell madly in love with, into the woods to see a dead body." noah said as rachel felt a tear roll down her face as she smiled.

"how did you remember?" scott asked him.

"it started with stiles' jersey." sheriff stilinski said as rachel nodded.