• Tear Marks •

Start from the beginning

I held my head in my hands.

Just my luck.

I got off the bench and grabbed Ginny's hand, which was about to pick up a piece of bacon she's been eyeing for the past five minutes.

"Come on, Gin. Don't wanna be late for warm ups," I said.

She frowned, "But the captain's right there," she pointed at Harry and then looked at me, "You didn't eat anything."

I shook my head, "I'm not hungry."

She huffed and grabbed the plate of bacon, bringing it with her.

Ron protested but she shut him up with a quick death glare.

As we walked to the quidditch pitch, Ginny kept looking over at me.

I sighed, "What is it, Gin?"

She shook her head, "You're acting weird, you're barely eating, you look extremely depressed. What's happened?"

I glared at the ground, "The war happened."

I looked around the grounds of Hogwarts and suddenly, Ginny disappeared.

"Ginny?" I yelled.

Then deatheaters appeared, their wands drawn out; Hogwarts students and staff stood, battling them.

Dead bodies lay sprawled throughout the grounds and I held my empty stomach.

"Hermione!" A panicked voice called.

I turned in every direction, searching for the voice, but it was no where to be seen.

Tears ran down my eyes as I stood in the middle of all the chaos.

I closed my eyes and put my hands over my ears.

"Hermione!" the voice called again.

I opened my eyes to see I was in a low crouch, Ginny squatting down next to me, concern slung across her face.

"What happened?" I gasped.

She shook her head, "You just froze for a second. You called my name and you were screaming. I tried to call your name but you wouldn't snap out of it."

I looked around the grounds. No deatheaters. No dead bodies. Only students coming down from breakfast to see the first game of the year.

I shook my head and stood, shaking.

"Are you sure you don't want to go back to the dorm? I'll tell Harry to put in the sub-"

I shook my head, "I'll be alright. I promise. I just need to sit down."

She hesitantly nodded and led me into the stands.

My stomach groaned but I wasn't hungry. Food sounded disgusting. My head was pounding and I shut my eyes.

That sword is meant to be in my vault at Gringotts.... How did you get it?

Did you and your friends take it FROM MY VAULT?

I gasped and my eyes flew open, my left arm pounding in pain.

I scrambled with my sweater sleeve, pulling it back until the ugly scar was shown.

Mudblood

It was bleeding, freshly opened. Just like it always is after I think of that awful night.

"Merlin's beard, Hermione. Are you alright?" A voice startled me.

I immediately threw my sleeve back down but kept my hand over it to keep from ruining my sleeve, "Fine, Neville."

He sighed and sat down next to me, "Ginny told me to keep an eye on you. Having nightmares again?"

I nodded slightly.

"Don't feel bad, everyone here has 'em," Neville said.

I nodded and when he wasn't looking, I cast a healing spell on the scar.

The cursed blade made it so that it reopens every time I think of me being tortured. It also only allows healing spells to work for half an hour maybe forty five minutes. I usually have it bandaged up.

"...Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" the students went wild.

Madam Pooch steps onto the field and the game begins.

Ginny grabs the quaffle and passes to Angelina as she zooms by.

Harry's circling the pitch, trying to get an idea of where the snitch is.

Draco was hovering well above everyone, scanning.

Suddenly a chant has started at the Slytherin's end of the pitch, "TEAM MALFOY! TEAM MALFOY! TEAM MALFOY!"

The Gryffindors jumped in, "TEAM GRANGER! TEAM GRANGER! TEAM GRANGER!"

The Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws jumped in with their side.

I looked up and Draco was looking at me, completely distracted. Harry raced past him, the snitch a mere foot away.

Harry lunges off his broom and catches the snitch, but is free falling. I jump up to my feet, my wand outstretched, at the ready. Then Ginny comes directly below him and catches him in her arms, grinning at him.

I sighed in relief and shook my head at them.

How dramatic.