4. The Lesson From Hell

I decided to spend the break in the courtyard where Savvy had told me to meet her earlier. It was a small open field towards the back of the school which by the looks of it, seemed very popular among the other students.

"Yo Eleanor! Check out my new twin and her roomie!" Savvy waved me over and pointed to the two girls that spoke to Savvy in maths class. 

The guitarist grabbed the taller girl with messy auburn hair and striking blue eyes, flinging her arm over her shoulder. "This is Stefanie Hansen from Germany and this-" Savvy flung her other arm over the supposed roommate of Stefanie. "This is Delores García from Spain!"

"Nice to meet you b-" I gasped in surprise when Delores approached me and placed a kiss on both of my cheeks.

"Lovely to meet you Eleanor." She spoke with a glorious Spanish accent that could steal the heart of anyone. Delores had long brown hair that seemed to be two different shades of brown and beautifully tanned skin which made her olive eyes stand out. I was starting to feel really ugly compared to everyone I had met since moving here.

"You t-too." I cleared my throat awkwardly and Savvy laughed.

"Aw man you should see the look on your face!" 

"Shut up Savvy!" I could feel my cheeks burn red. I needed to change the subject. Fast. "Why is Stefanie your twin?"

"Because we have the same last name! Hanson and Hansen!" Savvy cheered and hugged poor Stefanie who seemed awkward about the whole situation.

I couldn't help but smile.

"Aw you have a cute smile." I heard Juna comment from my left and I turned to see both her and Mia approach.

My blush came rushing back as I scratched the back of my neck in embarrassment.

Savvy proceeded to introduce Stefanie and Delores and Juna introduced herself with as much confidence as she had done with me.

I noticed that Stefanie was a lot more quiet than her Spanish roommate who gave off a very cheery and positive vibe. It would be difficult not to like Delores with how nice she was.

"So what are you here for?" Juna asked and used her arm to lean on Mia's shoulder, both of them looking like they had just walked out of a Vogue magazine. 

"Soccer." Stefanie answered with a quiet German accent and I could see Mia's eyes light up.

"You're here for sports too?" She exclaimed and ran over to Stefanie, both of them immediately striking up a conversation about sports.

Juna chuckled and turned to the beauty beside me. "What about you Delores?" 

"I do ballet." The Spanish stunner said with a charming smile, showing off her pearly white teeth.

"Oh wow, my roommate does ballet too." I made the mistake of bringing up Lena because not a second after the words left my mouth, everyone turned to me.

"Hey Eleanor? Where is your roommate? We haven't met her yet." Juna asked.

Shit. "Um, I'm not sure." It wasn't a lie, I had no idea where Lena was.

I shrugged and hoped that they would drop the subject, thankfully they did.

We only had a short fifteen minute break and all too soon, it ended with the sound of a bell that signalled my impending doom. 

The others left two by two with a wave until Savvy and I were the last ones to leave the courtyard.

"You gonna be okay pal?" Savvy seemed to sense that I was trying to drag out the last few minutes of freedom as much as I could.