Coming Home

Pairing: Tom Holland x Reader

Warnings: Fluff

Prompts: 

"Would it be alright if I borrowed your sweater? It smells like you."

Summary: You can't help but miss Tom while he's away

A/N: This literally based off like Home by Daughtry, First Flight Home by Jake Miller, and Photograph by Ed Sheeran.

Your house is quiet besides your TV as you're sat scrolling through pictures on your phone. Your heart aches as you scroll through the images of bright smiles and love and happiness, captured perfectly in the moment. Tessa is curled up against your leg sleeping and you lightly pet her as you get to an image of Tom you'd taken.

You were out one day with Tom, Harrison, and the twins. Harrison had said something you didn't quite remember and Tom just completely lost it, double over laughing and you took a picture. His hair is in disarray and a little damp from the rain you all got caught in. His hoodie is loose around him but he's happy. He's so happy and you miss him.

You let out a sigh and locked your phone. "C'mon, Tessa. We gotta get Tom's mail."

Tessa's ears perked up as she looked at you. You nudged her with your leg just barely and she got the hint to get up. She jumped to the floor while you stood up and grabbed your essentials and her leash before heading to Tom's.

Tom was out filming a new movie and he'd already been away for two months. You were happy to watch Tessa while he was away thanks to you having the space.

While Tom is away, you always felt extra lonely. You'd been dating nearly two years but him being away so much never got easier. You thought it would but it hasn't. Dog sitting Tessa just barely eased some of the loneliness and Tom knew that which is part of why he asked you to watch her. The other part being that Tessa just really liked you and he trusted you with her.

You reached Tom's home and unlocked the door, allowing Tessa inside and unhooking her from her leash. She sniffed around while you went to the kitchen island organizing Tom's mail you promised to keep up for him. Your eyes scanned around the clean home, the feeling of loneliness and cold overcoming you. You reached in your pocket and scanned through your contacts and hit Tom's name, knowing he'd not be at work yet and probably awake.

"Hey." Tom chimes, answering on only the second ring. "Was just 'bout to call you."

"Yeah?" You ask, an uncontrollable smile finding itself onto your lips.

"Yeah," Tom chuckles. "What're you up to, darlin'?"

"Just dropping off your mail and letting Tessa wander around your house. Did you just wake up?" You ask, watching Tessa head for the hallway to Tom's room.