The Moment I Knew

Pairing: Tom Holland x Reader
Summary: Tom might be your friend but he hates your boyfriend and at your birthday party, it all becomes clear why
Warnings: Angst, douchebag boyfriend, swearing, fluff

Pairing: Tom Holland x ReaderSummary: Tom might be your friend but he hates your boyfriend and at your birthday party, it all becomes clear whyWarnings: Angst, douchebag boyfriend, swearing, fluff

Your birthday is the one day a year where it's really about you. The one day a year where, for once, you get to not worry about anyone else. Everyone is there to celebrate with you and it's always been fun. As a kid, your parents always threw you a party and it wasn't really anything crazy, but it was always nice getting to have all of your friends over at the same time to play games and open presents, have your favorite cake. Relatives you didn't see all the time would come and it was always just fun. As an adult, things change and birthdays seem to become less important, but you always made sure to at least have your closest friends and family over for dinner and dessert to celebrate. And you always did the same for them for their birthdays. So, this year was to be no different.

"Happy birthday!" Tom cheers as you open your door, a small gift bag in his hand.

"I told you no presents." You roll your eyes with a small smile and welcome him into your home.

He shrugs, cheesy grin plastered across his face. "Couldn't help myself." He hands over the little bag.

"Thank you." You say, the smile unable to leave your face. "What're you doing here anyway? Dinner isn't for like another hour?"

"Figured I'd help." Tom offers, kicking off his shoes.

"Think we got it covered." You let out a soft laugh. "My mom's in the kitchen."

"Perfect. I can help." Tom gives you a toothy smile before heading towards your kitchen, you following right behind.

You've been friends with Tom for years. He's been with you through thick and thin, becoming one of your favorite people and one of the people you can rely on the most. You don't even have to ask for anything, he just seems to know if you need something or someone to just talk to and he's just there. He pays attention probably more than anyone and you appreciate it. Everyone needs someone they can rely on and that's Tom. Mr. reliable.

"Hey, Tom." Your mom chimes as she sees Tom enter the kitchen where she's just started preparing the food.

"Hey." He chimes back with a smile. "Care for some help?"

"It's okay, you just take a seat." Your mom answers with a soft smile.

Tom might be reliable but he isn't the most helpful person in the kitchen. He isn't a bad cook but he kind of likes things to go his way a bit in the kitchen and does them without even thinking. So, unless you want Tom to take his own spin on your favorite dish, it's best to just not have him help.

"Are you sure?" Tom offers, puppy dog eyes and all.

"She's sure." You put your hands on his shoulders. "We'll just get the table ready so we don't have to do it later." You walk over to the counter where the plates and silver wear lay, picking some stuff up, Tom following your lead.