The blonde rolled her eyes but smiled. "Okay. Jinsoo. Come on, or we'll miss the countdown."

Chaeyoung poked the other girl in the side before she took a step back and grabbed her hand. The two of them walked outside into the stairwell and up onto the roof of the building. A few of their neighbours and Chaeyoung's roommate plus her boyfriend stood on the roof, drinking champagne and sparkling wine and singing along to music.

"There you are!" Jisoo laughed and wrapped her arms around the two girls. "We already thought you wouldn't come up here anymore, to be honest."

"You did," Jinyoung laughed and put his arm around Jisoo's shoulders, pulling her in.

"Yeah, okay," Jisoo admitted with a laugh and took a sip from her glass – cherry champagne. Chaeyoung blushed at the sight of the drink. "I thought you were doing the naughty naughty."

Lisa laughed out loudly, quickly covering her mouth, whereas Chaeyoung turned as red as a tomato. "Do you have any more of that?" She asked quickly and pointed at the glass in Jisoo's grip.

"Fortunately for you, I do," she grinned and handed both of the other females a glass. "To 2018! May it be the best year to date."

Chaeyoung smiled at Lisa, clinking their glasses together. "To 2018!" They cheered before all of them took a sip. The red liquid warmed Chaeyoung a bit and she leaned into the soft touches of her girlfriend. The four of them stood there for a few more minutes, chatting nonchalantly as suddenly around them starting counting down from sixty.

Chaeyoung emptied her glass with one last gulp and turned to Lisa, all bright smiles and red cheeks. "I'm happy I can start the new year with you."

Lisa smiled at her too her face aflame. "I'm very happy about that, too." They joined the countdown and with every second passing, Chaeyoung's excitement level increased. Her hands, which were holding onto Lisa's, were warm and soft and she couldn't help but lean into the blonde.

"Just kiss me," Lisa giggled and their lips locked as the people around them were counting down the last few seconds. It wasn't any different from the other kisses they had exchanged so far, but to Lisa, it felt like Chaeyoung was finally letting go and giving her all to her. She felt her heart swell within her chest, growing and beating fast. She was scared it would break through her rib cage but she felt sure Chaeyoung would catch it and make sure it was safe.

The sensation was so overwhelming that it took Lisa's breath away, causing her head to spin a bit. Chaeyoung pulled away and before the blonde could open her mouth and speak the three words that were burning her tongue, Chaeyoung smiled and whispered, "Happy New Year, Lisa."

The younger female took a deep breath and rested her head against Chaeyoung's, her eyes closed. "Happy New Year, Rosie."

A few hours later, Chaeyoung and Lisa finally stumbled into the older girl's room, giggly and a little bit tipsy. "It's 2018," Lisa whispered against Chaeyoung's lips.

"Yeah, and you're my wasted girlfriend," Chaeyoung laughed, pressing a kiss to Lisa's lips.

The blonde nuzzled into Chaeyoung under the blanket, pulling her close and looking at her with the most serious expression she could manage in her state. "You know, I'd really like to have sex with you."

Chaeyoung's eyes widened but then she smiled. "I wouldn't mind, but right now you're too drunk." She kissed Lisa's nose and cuddled into her.

"You really wouldn't mind?"

"No, of course not. You're my girlfriend. I want you, you're beautiful and sexy and gorgeous. Anyone with eyes would love to."

Lisa smiled and kissed her girlfriend on the lips. "Okay. Tomorrow."