Jisoo waved her hand and shook her head with a giggle, "Oh, nothing. We're just friends."

"Oh, come on," the other girl said and rolled her eyes. "Go, talk to him! Let him know you're interested! Who could ever turn down this sexy señorita right here in front of me, huh? I'm sure he's just shy!"

"But I'm a bit old-school," Jisoo murmured. "When it comes to loving, I ain't chasing the boy."

"C'mon, now. We're emancipated women of the twenty-first century. I'm not saying you should go over there and make out with him right away, but show him you're interested by talking to him! And then tell me everything," with a wink she pushed her friend in the right direction and almost into Jinyoung, who laughed and even though there was a bit of distance between them, Chaeyoung could hear him ask if she was alright. Okay, alright, that was hopefully and probably a good idea. She loved playing matchmaker.

After that she started talking and dancing with some of the boys and girls of the dancing group, the band and also the actors, but without ever really letting Jisoo and Jinyoung out of sight. She kind of trusted Jinyoung, but she also wanted to make sure everything was working alright between the two of them – maybe she was a bit too protective over her friend sometimes.

But at the same time she knew that Jisoo wouldn't be much different when it came to her. She'd protect her younger flat mate to the end and be there for her when she was sad about whatever, even if it was a broken pencil. They could laugh together and have fun and just be there for each other and that was probably the reason why they had been friends for the past seventeen years, although Jisoo was older than Jade – even if it was only two years.

Since Mark's chat partner was now seemingly preoccupied with more important business, the dark haired male walked over to where Chaeyoung stood and greeted her with a raise of his drink. It was sort of awkward between them because they had been dating for almost two years until she realised that she wasn't quite into boys – she had told him honestly why she couldn't be with him anymore, and he seemed understanding, though he often tried to make her remember their times together in the hopes of them getting back together.

It made Chaeyoung kind of uncomfortable but she also didn't want to be rude to Mark, because she knew how much he had cared about her. "Hey, Mark," she greeted him with a smile and sat down on the stool Jisoo had used before Chaeyoung had forced her off.

"Hey there. I see you haven't got a drink yet. What would you like?" He was charming as always, and Chaeyoung hoped he'd find someone who would appreciate him the way he deserved because she knew she just couldn't give him what he wanted and needed, although he obviously liked to believe so.

Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulders and looked at the female bartender. Her hair was a vibrant red and she barely wore any makeup, yet her eyes stood out incredibly and she smiled at Chaeyoung and Mark, before walking over to the two of them. "Hey Mark and Chaeyoung," she greeted them, "what can I do for you?"

"Just some Coke, please, I'm driving," the girl answered and waited for the bartender to go and fetch a bottle. She poured the black liquid into a glass and handed it to Chaeyoung, but before she could get out her wallet, Mark had already put the money on the table. "You don't have to do that... I could've paid myself."

"It's a pleasure," the male replied with a smile and a nod. He looked over to where Jisoo and Jinyoung were chatting and when Chaeyoung followed his gaze, she couldn't help but grin at the scene. They were both smiling at each other and leaning into each other but neither of them seemed brave enough to dare touch the other. It was sort of painful to watch but at the same time so incredibly cute that she wanted to squish them both. "God, aren't they adorable," she groaned and took a sip of her Coke. "I wouldn't be surprised if I had to celebrate Christmas either alone or with these two drooling all over each other in the living room while I'm burning down the kitchen."