- 24 | P A R T Y

Back in Edoras, Éowyn almost pulled me from my horse and dragged me behind her to her room. "Am I allowed to ask what is happening?" I asked raising my eyebrow while trying to catch every dress Éowyn threw from her closet.

"I'm searching for the perfect dress for you so you can impress Legolas." She replied, still throwing dresses. I blushed slightly. "How did you know about that?"

She stuck her head out of the closet. "Because it's about damn time, bets were being placed between the men to see how long it would take for him to finally make a move."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

Éowyn laughed. "No, but it is pretty obvious that you're together now, I'm surprised lord Aragorn hasn't seen it yet."

I paled. Crap, I forgot about him. He's going to murder me and then Legolas and than probably me again.

"About that," I started, "I would really appreciate if you didn't tell him, I mean, I'm not ready to die."

She laughed. "It's alright, your secret is safe with me."

I sighed relieved and sat on the bed. "Here it is!" Éowyn exclaimed happily. She had a white dress in her left hand and a grey dress in her right hand. She threw the grey one towards me. "Here, this one will match with your beautiful eyes."

I looked up at her, knowing that she actually meant Aragorn's eyes since I inherited his grey eyes. I took my clothes off and slipped the dress over my head.

The dress fitted and I looked into the mirror. I nodded when I saw my reflection. "You sure did a good job picking the dress, Éowyn." I told her. "It's really beautiful."

I turned back to her and saw that she had already had her white dress on. She looked like an angel. I swallowed. Hopefully she wouldn't try to hit on Aragorn to much.

"You look gorgeous," I confessed. She smiled at me. "Thank you and you look perfect! Please, let me do your hair!"

She pushed my on a chair before the mirror and put her hands in my hair. She braided here and there and at the end, she put it all together in a messy bun. I smiled at her through the mirror. "Thanks." She smiled back. "You're welcome."

Someone knocked on the door and I stood up to open it. Aragorn looked up when the door opened and smiled at me. "You look beautiful." I blushed slightly smiled back. "Thanks, dad." His smile became a grin and he offered me his arm.

"May I accompany you to the feast?" I looked at Éowyn who nodded and I smiled at him while taking his arm. "You absolutely may."

I closed the door and I saw Aragorn's eyes sparkle. "What is it?" I asked him. "A certain elf told me about his feelings towards a certain young lady." My eyes widened.

No he didn't.

Aragorn looked at me. "Look, I may not be the one who raised you, but I am still your father. And as your father it's my duty to have this conversation with you, so let's get this over with. I don't want you to rush in anything you don't like, just take it easy. Maybe wait another century if you want to make me happy."

I looked at him in confusion.

What in Durin's name was he trying to tell me?

Aragorn didn't noticed my confusing looks and continued. "This is a conversation that Arwen should to but since she's not here, it's my responsibility. Well, I'm just going to say it. If you're gonna do it, do it safe please. I mean, I love to be a grandfather but let me be a dad first."

My eyes widened in realization. "No! Dad! Please stop! Bilbo already gave me the talk so please stop."

He sighed relieved. "Thank the Valar. I don't think I could have done this."

I rolled my eyes and we walked further into the hall. I wanted to open the door when he stopped me. "Just be careful, okay? I don't want anything happening to you."

I smiled and nodded. "I promise I'll be careful, dad." He smiled and pushed the doors open.

"Care for a dance?" He asked and I nodded. "I'm not very good at it," I warned him. He smiled. "Don't worry, I got your back."

He twirled me around and I laughed which made him laugh. We danced for a few songs until Aragorn gave me to someone else. That someone else was Legolas. I looked up at him and smiled. "Well hello there."

He smiled down at me. "You look beautiful." I blushed and my smile widened. "Thank you."

While we danced, everything around us faded and it was me and him. Our staring was interrupted by Gimli who challenged Legolas for a drinking contest. I laughed and pushed Legolas to the table. "You got this," I whispered in his ear and gave him a peck on the cheek.

He smiled widely at me and took his first drink.

Twenty-eight drinks later, Legolas looked at his fingertips. "I feel something," he said, I looked at him and raised my eyebrow, "I think it's affecting me."

"You here that lads? Little elfling can't have alcohol!" A drunk Gimli exclaimed before falling unconscious on the ground. Legolas happily put his drank back down with a 'game over'.

Some men carried Gimli away into a corridor when Legolas took my hand again for another dance. I laughed and put my head against his chest.

I saw Aragorn looking at us and his eyes softened when he met mine. He smiled and nodded approvingly. I smiled back and felt Legolas kissing the top of my head.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the time we had together.

Who knows it could be the last.