Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

I was hurting so damn bad.

Deep, ragged breaths escaped my throat as I shot up in the bed. My heart raced in my chest, thrashing against my rib cage as if it was tearing it apart. Pains split through the sides of my body – my thighs, my abs, my back. Everywhere.

I furrowed my eyebrows trying to rid myself of the headache that was pounding against my forehead.

Were these pains from my vision? What... what even was that? What was the force? Could it be a mate pull or a mate connection? I didn't know.

As I pushed myself off of the bed, I immediately fell back on it, clutching my stomach. Another pain, crashing through me.

It wasn't nearly as bad as the pain of the Ascension, but it definitely wasn't one that I could tolerate without becoming a little woozy. I pulled myself back up the bed, leaning my body against the headboard.

Another pain pierced through my thigh, nearly paralyzing my leg for a moment. Taking a deep breath, I tried to stand once more, grabbing onto the bed post. My legs shook violently, yet I stood with help.

The sun was blazing into the room through the curtains and I pushed my hand in front of my face to try to ease the pain. A sharp pain scrapped the side of my face.

I glanced around the room, trying to ignore it. "Damon!" I cried out. "Damon?"

After a few moments of silence, I sighed. I doubted this pain was the result of my vision...

Please don't tell me Luca and Damon were in another battle. Please don't let it be true.

I hobbled to the window, pushing the blinds open and peering out of it. The backyard was completely empty beside three guards walking around the house. With a sharp inhale of breath, I studied the frantic and stern expressions of the men.

Damon significantly reduced the number of guards around the house, which could definitely mean there was another battle taking place.

A sharper pain pierced right through my heart.

"Mae, they are in battle once more," Valerio rang through my head.

"I know..." I said, sighing.

"Are you okay? You sound like you're in pain."

"I'm fine." No. I felt like I was dying, but I didn't need him worrying about me right now. We had other problems.

Why'd Luca have to attack Damon when two pups from his pack are gone and his beta is no longer a beta? Because Damon's weak and vulnerable. That's why.

Something about Luca is getting on my goddamn nerves. Does he have no sympathy?

I walked to the door, grasping onto the handle as pain pierced through my body.

"Valerio. Meet me in the forest behind Damon's pack house," I ordered. As I walked through the hallway, I grasped onto the walls, trying to steady myself.

This would be so much easier if I just teleported. I closed my eyes, thinking about the trees in Damon's back yard. Pain. The smell of oak. Pain. The sound of paws hitting the groun- Pain. Leaping into the air, my toes landed on the hardwood floor of the hallway.

Fuck. Why couldn't I teleport?

Pain seared through me, but I tried ignoring it and the fact that I couldn't use my most useful power right now. I continued down the hallway, trying to straighten my posture as I heard the little pups running around the rooms. I didn't want them to see me like this.