Chapter Twenty

"Shit," I whispered, slamming the journal shut. I must've skimmed through the book a thousand times since yesterday, and still I couldn't find a successful attempt when a previous Moon Goddess removed a mark without killing both of the mates in the process. How could one simple mark have such a huge effect on someone?

"What has you all upset, My Radiance?" A deep voice said from behind me.

I jumped in my seat, my heart racing. Glancing behind me, I sighed noticing Aeron leaning up against the wall. How long has he been here? Why was he here? "Aeron, what are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to see how you were doing..." His eyes darkened for a moment and then flickered to my mark. He stalked closer to me, a smirk playing at his lips, and he looked over my shoulder at my mother's journal. "So, you found her journal... any new powers you've discovered about yourself?" While leaning against the desk, he took the book from my hands. His fingers gently trailed over the cover.

"Teleportation... I think."

A smile stretched across his face. "Ah, yes. That was one of your mother's favorites." His gaze distanced, as if he was thinking back to a memory. "Whenever we argued, she'd always teleport away from me. It was quite funny if I were to be honest."

"You used to fight with her?"

"Rarely. She was a good woman. Definitely, not someone I ever wanted to fight with... I hope if we have arguments, you won't do the same with me. I like to talk through problems, not run away from them."

I swayed my feet back and forth in my chair, my head titling to the side. "Hm, not going to make any promises on that one. I tend to push problems away until they get too big and explode all over me."

His eyes darkened further as he tried suppressing a smirk. His eyes flickered down my body for a moment. "And, what kind of problems 'explode all over you'?"

My eyes widened, and I covered my mouth with my hand, trying to hide my flaming cheeks. Did I really just say that? Why must my life be filled with sexual innuendos? "I-uh... I didn't mean it like that."

"You don't have to get embarrassed in front of me... I can keep your little secret to myself," he said.

I nodded, glancing down at the journal. I can't believe I just said that.

"Do you miss her?" Aeron asked, breaking the tension. My head shot up from my seat, my brows knotting together. "Your mother, I mean. Do you miss her?"

My eyes widened at the question. I barely thought about her since the Ascension. Should I miss her? She was never really in my life to begin with and when she was she only hurt me. Sure, she was trying to make me stronger, but she was doing it in the worst way possible.

"Radiance, your mother... she had her ways of doing things, but I know she cared so much about you."

I nodded my head at his words and took a deep breath.

"Well, how about I teach you the basics of divine teleportation after we check out the Challenger hideout tomorrow?" he asked, changing the subject.

The corners of my lips tugged up in a smile. "I'd like that."

With a curt nod to his head, he stood and brushed his fingers down my jaw. "Good. I look forward to it." From a few meters away, the door creaked. Aeron's eyes flickered to the door way. I followed his gaze to meet the dark brown eyes of a woman who was peeking behind the door. "It looks as if you have a visitor. I'll be on my way then... oh and before I go..." he leaned in, his lips grazing against my ear. "One little piece of advice. If you want to fuck, do it indoors. I'm a jealous divine, My Radiance, you know this. The next time I see one of your wolves tearing your perfect little body apart, I might just do the same to his... but unlike you... he won't enjoy my ways."