Finding Your Place

Stan's POV:
Unlike the others I actually didn't know my roommate until she walked in. Pails. Who the heck was she? Her stuff was already on the bottom bunk as I saw shampoos so I took the top.

A dark skinned girl with lots of thin boxer braids walked in.

"Who tha fuck are you?" She asked, surprised.

"I'm Stan Marsh" I said. "I don't want any trouble"

"I can tell. You seem to give less fucks than your others" she started. "I'm Gretchen" she smiled. I couldn't tell if she was being nice or if she was just being polite. I honestly thought my prison buddy would scoop my eyeballs out with a spoon because thats what they do on TV.

"Thanks for not trying to kill me" I said.

"Don't worry. Now that one of your newbs has taken control you're good. We haven't had leadership in years so it's actually a good thing. We've been at war with B block for like foreva and we haven't had a leader so they'd put us down" she said.

"Prison war?" I asked.

"A block and B block have always been neck to neck" she said. "Now I gotta get ready for dinner. Hand me my hairbrush?"

I handed her a pink and purple hairbrush.

"How's the dinner here?" I asked.

"Not too crappy but it isn't great" said Gretchen. "Also call me Pails because rule number one of juvy life, no one really goes by their first name here"

"Got it" I said. The guards called Dinner, so Gretchen and I left our bunk and she met up with another girl.

"Hey Fields whatcha doin?" She asked. Before 'Fields' had a chance to answer, Pails turned to me and said,
"Hey Marsh this is Skyler Fields. One of our sneakiest snack smugglers" a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes turned to me. She stuck out her hand.

"Fields" She said and I shook her hand.
"Marsh" I said.

A brown haired, hazel eyed boy bumped into me, but didn't even apologize. He gave me a weird look and kept walking.

"Don't worry bout Scotch. That's Brandy Scotch, just dont get on his bad side" said Pails.

I noticed the Scotch kid had a sharpened popsicle stick in his pocket. Yea Pails has a point when it comes to being careful.

Hanna's POV:
Kyle and I left our bunk for dinner as well since we had to line up like freaking kindergarteners.

Guess I better learn the prison lingo since I've claimed authority. Apparently everyone goes by last name here, not sure why.

Kyle and I walked over to the line, as a brown haired brown eyed freckles girl approaches Kenny.

"Mmm cutie" says Kenny. "I'm Kenny" the freckled girl slaps him.

"We go by last names here dipshit" she looked at his name tag. "McCormick" she rolled her eyes. "McCor-dick" she whispered under her breath.

"And you are?" I said and turned to her.

She fake smiled and said "Alina Torr"

"Well guess what Torr only I can call my friend here McCor-dick, ok? So like fuck off or something" I said and if I had a microphone I woulda dropped it there.

"Whatever" She said and went down towards the back of the line.

"She's obviously hitting on blondie McCormick over there" whispered a dark skinned girl with lots of thin boxer braids. "I'm Gretchen Pails. Your friend Marsh's roommate"

She popped out of nowhere so I guess she was like the strange one. I felt someone slip something into my pocket.

"The fuck?" I said and turned around. A girl with blonde hair and blue eyes gave me an innocent look. I checked my pocket and it was a pack of skittles. I guess Pails saw how confused I was and then said,

"Oh this is Skyler Fields. She's one of our best contraband snack smugglers" said Pails.

"Fields" said Skyler Fields and stuck out her hand. This one seemed legit and genuine, unlike Torr. I smiled and shook her hand back, finding a jolly rancher on my hand that I used to shake hers.

"Damn your good" I said. "Thanks for those"

Fields nodded. "Your welcome. Besides your head bitch now we work for you"

"Yea Kramer some people are more open to a new leader while some aren't" said Pails and glared at Torr.

"Wait how'd you know my name?" I asked Pails.

Pails chuckled.
"Cmon dummy you yelled it when you decided to establish dominance. Now let's go get lunch before Bitch block gets all the good food"