Chapter I: The Sludge Incident [Part 1]

Sorry to already have a warning at the beginning of the first chapter, but be aware that there are some suicide moments.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-= Izuku's POV =-=

I had a normal morning, well excluding the villain attack, it was rather normal. I had breakfast, went to school and continue learning as well as ignoring people. The teacher mentions our career paths, and everyone was happy when he said that we all would probably go to a school with a hero course. Maybe not me... At age 4 or 5, I found out that I will never develop a quirk. I was an ordinary child, an ordinary human. Kacchan starts talking about not putting him with these losers and he was greater than anyone, or something along the lines. I didn't really listen - I was afraid of him. Well, not exactly, but I definitely would be scared when he uses his quirk against me. I admire him. More then you can image. But he can be scary at times.

"Oh yeah, Midoriya, you're planning on going to U.A, right?" Our teacher questions and I instantly flinch when Kacchan looks at me. He is clearly mad.
"What?" He starts talking, "a quirkless loser like you?" He activates his quirk and explosions are coming off his right hand. Kacchan tried to hit me but instead, he hit my desk and I fall to the ground. He starts smirking and giving me a death glare while I tried to move away from him.
"Why would they accept a quirkless loser when they can have me?" He questions me loudly and both him and the class starts to give off an aura, nearly saying that I will never make it.

I pack some things away after school, forgetting what happened during class and remembering the attack this morning.
"I better write some things down before I forget," I whispered to myself and holding up my Analysis Hero For The Future notebook before I tried to put it back into my bag. Kacchan was still in class and grab my notebook, reading the cover.
"Look at this - Analysis Hero For The Future, is this a joke?" He laughed with his friends before I attempted to grab my notebook back. I stood up and tried to grab it away from him, but he kept and putting it out of reach from me.
"Please give it back," I begged, but Kacchan used his quirk to try and burn the notebook. I just stared as he was saying something. I couldn't focus on what he was saying and then he threw the book outside the window.
"You better hope that in your next life, you'll get a quirk, so if you're trying so hard to be one, go and jump off the roof," Kacchan said before he left the classroom.

Jump off the roof...

Why do I want to do that? I just ignored it. Kacchan had always bullied me, ever since he had his quirk. I just sighed as I got my things and went outside to roughly around the place where the notebook would be. I found it but with fishes eating bits of it. My dream has become fish food I thought dully. I put my notebook in my bag, I was just happy enough that it's still intact.

=-= Time Skip to Izuku meeting the sludge villain =-=

"You would be a perfect body for me to hide in, kid," a sludge said behind me, but before I could see him, I was captured and had something in my mouth, blocking me from breathing. I only struggled a bit but I feel like I'm dying. I was trying to rip of away his slimy substance of a body, but it didn't work. I started to cry, thinking I would actually die.
"Don't worry, because I am here!" I heard someone say and then I somehow was able to breathe. But I lost consciousnesses before I noticed what happened.

After some minutes, I woke to someone continuously tapping my left cheek. I opened my eyes and then I saw... ALL MIGHT?! I backed away and he says something, but I was still shocked, flustered even. I was starting to compose myself and then I memorised I wanted to ask for an autograph. I was searching for my notebook and I did, and before I opened it, I ask the number one hero for an autograph - but only to find that he already has done so, I squealed.
"Okay kid, it was nice meeting you but now I need to go and bring this villain to the police," All Might said with that fearless smile on his face and he starts to set off. I don't know why, I'm just an idiot to do it but before he took off and him saying 'thanks for the continued support,' I grab his leg and immediately he set off.

"Hey, kid! I love my fans but this is too much!" All Might yelled as he realised I was grabbing his leg.
"But if I let go now, I will probably die!" I yelled back and I heard him say 'that's a good point.' I closed my eyes and my mouth and then he stopped at a random roof.
"What was that kid?" All Might asked me.
"I got questions that I want to ask personally," I replied, calming down from my rapid heartbeat.
"Well, sorry kid, but another time, I gotta head this guy to the police station right away - heroes not only fight villains but time as well," he explained and he started to walk to the railing.
"But..." I started, "I need to ask.
If it's possible...
To become a hero without a quirk!" I blurted out and All Might stopped to turn to look at me.
"To become a hero without a quirk?" He repeated the question I wanted to ask. I stayed silent and then I ramble on about things and when I was done, I saw someone else. He looks weaker then All might, sunken cheeks and less muscular body with frizzy blond hair.
"You-you're not All Might! You're an imposter!" I said aloud and tried to search for the real All Might.
"I am the real All M-" the weak man said before he had blood coming out of his mouth, I screamed and then he sits down. He tells me about his weak state and how he became like this. And then he starts to answer my question.
"If you want to be a hero, you would need a quirk to be able to fight off villains with quirks. So I'm sorry, but you can't become a hero without a quirk kid," he said. "It's not wrong to dream young man, just... Have dreams that are more attainable," All Might starts to head down the building, leaving me to think.

Quirkless loser!

I'm sorry Izuku!

I'm sorry kid, but you won't develop a quirk.

If you're trying so hard to be a hero, go and jump off the roof.

Jump off the roof.

I don't know why, but I felt so... Worthless... And I want to die...
I heard a noise and I looked to where it was. Before I could dwell on this feeling, I quickly went down the building and went to the scene.

=-=-=

Word count (excluding all the author's note): 1190
This is my first story so I don't mind some criticism (don't be mean though please) and I also don't mind if you point out some mistakes I've made.
I know that it may seem like I'm copying but I missed some things out from the anime/manga and there will be something new in the next chapter, I promise.

Anyways, thanks for reading and hope you have a great week! ^.^

- ZakisLovesMusic