prologue

I woke up to indistinct chatter as I pulled myself up, off the cold metal floor. It was pretty uncomfortable, but I managed to get use to it, as I would be spending the rest of my life here. I was only twelve years old and I had my life planned out for me, no I wouldn't be able to live a normal life because I was on the ark. Anyone arrested on the ark would be sentenced to death once turning eighteen.

This was reality. Reality sucked. The dream? Well it was to see earth but in the six years I had left I knew I'd never be able to see it. Though I had hope my step sibling would, she was always there for me when I needed her especially after my dad become a drunk. Its pretty complicated. Why did I get arrested? Well I got in a fight about a year ago with someone who called my dad a drunk. Its not like it wasn't true, I just refused to believe it most times. I guess I just got violent, I had some anger issues..

The door to my cell suddenly opened, revealing two guards whom entered my cell. One was carrying the local guard weapon that I called "a beating stick" it was a stick with electric charge that sent shock waves through your body. And trust me when I say it hurts like hell. Then I noticed the other guard holding a metal wristband with spikes sticking out of it on the inside, it would hurt to wear.

"What's going on?" I asked the guards, there was so much commotion going on outside that I could tell something big was happening.

One of the guards commanded "prisoner 343, face the wall."

I rolled my eyes, they didn't even attempt to answer my question. It took me a second before I followed the guard's instruction, turning to face the wall. I wouldn't have listened usually but I didn't want to risk getting hit by the beating stick. It would hurt worse than fiery hell.

As soon as I faced the wall, one of the guards took my arm slamming the wristband on my wrist. It stung as I winced, it's sharp needles piercing my skin as it tightly wrapped around my wrist. "Ouch" I muttered as I glanced at my wrist.

The guards soon forced me out of my cell with arms held tightly behind my back. O glanced around only to see all the other prisioner forced out of their cells the same way, wristbands on every single one of them.

"You're killing us off aren't you? Were useless to the ark and are taking up too much of the population." I said angrily to the guards.

The guards didn't respond, which made me relaize they were hiding something. Maybe I was being killed off like the other criminals but there had to be more reason. Yes they needed to bring the population down but why? Were they running out of rations or something? The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to know.

The guards took me in line with the other criminals. I noticed the guy ahead of me, he was wearing some wonky goggles with his short hair and wild eyes. He seemed to be asking people around him something, then he turned to me.

"Have you seen Monty?" He asked with panick spread across his face.

"Don't know a Monty." I replied with a shrug.

The guy turned to ask others after I provided him with a answer. I glanced ahead, the line was leading into some dark metal box. I continued down the line until I was forced to enter the dark room myself.

It was a dropship! They were sending us somewhere, but where?

---

A/N: hey guys, heres the story I promised you. I'm enjoying making it so far, hope you enjoyed it! Also I'm upoading next chapter on Thursday then Saturday before I continue this regular schedule. Tell me what you think in the comments and comment what you want to see in chapter one <3

~xox wizzywarrior