Chapter Sixty Four

Start from the beginning

"You are already missing them" Ahmad teased her before starting the car.

"I know right, You can't imagine how attached I am to them, Can you remember the little one that has my name, Zarah? That girl is a handful and Ya Allah if I tell you her story you would want to take her away from that place and give her all the care in this world, not that the orphanage is not comfortable..." And she kept talking to him about them like she had known them for years.

Her eyes were gleaming with so much happiness and she could talk about the kids all day, She stopped talking only after he had parked at her home.

"I'm glad you've found something that makes you feel at peace Zarah" He said staring at her as she unbuckled her seat belt.

"Yeah Alhamdulillah" She smiled.

"Ma shaa Allah, That smiley Zarah is back, the one whom I fell in love with" He winked.

She shook her head amusingly trying to open up the car when he stopped her.

"You're still not going to come home?"

"Yup" She answered rolling her eyes at him.

"Well you're forcing me to involve our parents Zarah" He said coldly.

"So? I'm still going to tell them my decision"

"Marriage is not a joke and you know we're already married right?" He smirked.

"Are you challenging me? You think I'd be forced to go back to your house?" She began laughing until her laughter annoyed him.

"Yeah keep laughing like you've seen a comedian, Go away already" He mumbled starting his car.

"You're still not going to move an inch until I get off the car" She stuck her tongue out at him and hopped out of the car.

"Take care Zarah, Your Daddy will summon you later at night definitely" He raised a brow at her with a frown on his face.

"Whatever, Be safe" She waved at him and trudged inside the house.

He waited for some minutes trying to think of how he would convince her, he had tried all he could but she had been stubborn, he drove away after making a decision.

He had to involve their parents.

🍀🍀🍀

Shukrah held her sister's hands and led her inside the room their mother was occupying at the rehabilitation centre, Fadwa was scared but she had been dying to set eyes on their mother, no matter how much she was afraid of her, she could not deny the fact that she loved her mother so much. They found Hajiya Turai having a sound sleep, hence they sat quietly and watched her pale face, several thoughts going through their minds.

"She sleeps a lot, but Dr Ibrahim told me there's a lot of improvement, she talks to him now" Shukrah whispered not taking her eyes off their mother.

"Alhamdulillah, will she be fine?" Fadwa asked nervously.

"In shaa Allah, I never thought Mama won't be able to see our wedding, I mean she won't participate in it" Shukrah sadly looked at Fadwa whose eyes were glassy from unshed tears.

"Yeah Baba said he could postpone the wedding again, but Yaa Salman told him not to, so let's pray that's khair"

Alhaji Sunusi had wanted to postpone the wedding again until his wife fully recovered but Salman was against it, saying his sisters' inlaws might not like it this time, the wedding date had been changed before when Fadwa was sick, he wouldn't want them to feel inconvenienced.