Chapter Fifty Seven

Alhaji Abubakar entered his household and summoned his wife and daughter, he was terrified by the words uttered by Baa and he knew things must be back to the way they were before they all faced the wrath of Allah. He looked at his daughter smiling to something her Mama told her and he wished he had never sent her to stay with his brother, everything started after he did that.

"Safaa will you ever forgive your Baba?" He asked making her abruptly turn all her attention to him.

How could her father be asking for her forgiveness? When she's the one who was supposed to ask him for that, being the reason he had a fight with his beloved brother.

"Baba why are you asking for my forgiveness?" She asked with a shaky voice.

"Do you love your husband?" He asked.

"Don't tell me you're taking her back?" Safaa's Mama asked her eyes already turning red.

"She goes back only if she wants to, but Fadimatu it will be better if she goes back"

"When her mother inlaw is ready to cut her off into pieces and feed her to the wolves? Haba I love my daughter, she's the only one I have"

"Are you not tired of all this fights, Baa just told me he doesn't consider Yaya his son? Can you imagine what our love for children has done to this family? I do love our daughter too, but if taking her back to her husband's house will restore peace in this family then I'd do that"

"And what about her feelings?" Fadimatu sniffed.

"She also loves her husband, Safaa I want you to pray a lot about this, decide on what you want, I would like to go out now" He finished taking his phone on the centre table.

He left his wife angry at the fact that his love for his brother had blinded him that he did not even care about his only daughter's feelings. Safaa did not look affected by his words, but Fadimatu knew deep inside, her daughter wanted to be with her husband, Hajiya Turai was the only problem.

🍀🍀

Alhaji Abubakar's driver parked his car at his brother's mansion and Abubakar contemplated on going inside but when he remembered the look on their father's face, he got out of the car and headed to his brother's living room. He found his brother with the woman behind all the sinister atrocities, she did not attempt to exchange pleasantries with him so he found a place in the overly spacious living room and made himself comfortable, Hajiya Turai knew Abubakar was never afraid of her and she knew his guts hence when he stared at her squarely, his glare much more intense than her own, she excused herself and left the living room.

"To what do I owe this visit Habu, are you already having a financial problem? I thought you're now RICH" Alhaji Sunusi laughed sarcastically, making sure to emphasise his last word.

"I am okay, Alhamdulillah, I am here because I want to bring an end to this childishness Yaya, Baa is really angry and you know the implications of that, Our parents are old, I don't wish to see them not going in peace, so I'm here to apologise"

"Oh really? It's now that you realise you have offended me? After months?" Alhaji Sunusi asked pointing his finger accusingly at Safaa's father.

"Answering your questions is not necessary Yaya, all I want you to know is that I am sorry for everything, you have to go and see Baa, I'd leave now, Assalamu Alaikum" Alhaji Abubakar said, adjusted his babban riga and walked out.

Alhaji Sunusi saw his brother's retreating back and he began reminiscing their childhood, he was the best brother to him until his wife began telling him what he was too blind to see. Turai was the person who pointed out to him how bias Baa and even Inna were in showering them with love and care. He began paying attention to every little detail and he realised Abubakar has always been the favorite child and for that he slowly began growing a strong animosity towards his only brother.