Chapter Seven.

Ahmad's POV.

I walked with an aura of authority to my step mother's side to greet her.I've been away for weeks because of a business project.I passed her serene living room but a tantalizing aroma of rice and beans caught my attention.I have always been a lover of rice and beans since I served at Kano during my NYSC.

I hope it's Abidah that cooked,because a look from me will make her give all of it to me if I want" I thought inwardly before sauntering to the living room.

Instead of seeing Abidah,my eyes saw a fine lady,with her midnight black hair falling over her shoulders,her arched brow furrowed and her eyelashes:curly,but before I could continue analysing her,I realised she's crying.

My inquisitiveness made me talk to her.She told me her name and she shared her food with me.She's feisty so I didn't bother probing her about why she's crying.After eating the food I greeted Mommy and left to my mother's side thinking of the lady that cries while eating.I like her name already.

"Safaa"

I regret asking only her name,I should've asked who she is.

I found Mama sitting cross legged in her living room watching Tv.

"Maa" I called her name while coming inside.

"Yes Son,do you want something?" She asked focusing her attention on me.

I am her favorite amongst all her kids.Most of our relatives call me Mommy's pet because I'm always clinging to her since I was a little boy.

"Nah,I don't want anything,Maa who's the girl I just saw at Mommy's side?"

"Mtssss that stupid girl,she's your Uncle's daughter,your father's younger brother"

"What? Kawu Abubakar?" I exclaimed really excited.

"Yes What? Don't even try befriending her,she's something you don't want to know" Mama warned me. 

"Maa you don't even know her" I complained.

"Ofcourse I know her,the girl goes around with boys back at the village,she follows them to their rooms and do all sorts of nasty things"

"Wa iyazubillah,Mama how can you say that about her? She looks so decent to me"

"It's not about the looks Ahmad,You will never understand,just stay away from her" She said a bit irritated.

I have no idea how Mama sees Safaa,but I became aware of the fact that she doesn't like Safaa and she wants me to stay away from her but I can't.

I want to know her more...

I slept over what my mother told me and to clear my mind off things,I went to the gym.After several workouts,I jogged back home and hopped into the bathroom to take a shower.While  inside the bathroom trying to take a bath I saw a figure through the window crying like a lost puppy.

Recognising the girl as Safaa,I utterly changed my mind about taking a shower and hurried to meet her.I didn't stop her from crying,I let her be and when she calmed down I asked to be her friend.

Because I want to know the story behind her life.

I want to know why I always find her crying.

She agreed to be my friend and within days our friendship blossomed.I spend most of my days at Mommy's side getting to know her.My attitude towards my little sister also changed because of Safaa.

"Ahmadu,you're always going to mommy's side,does it have to do with the girl there?" Salman asked when I told him I'm going to Mommy's.

"Allah ya sawwaqa(God forbid)" Mama who's sitting right next to him chided..